Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dublin Bad Boy

ziedth wrote: »
    What size is the monster they sell in pubs? 500ml? I didn't even know it was served in pubs.

Monster seems to have flopped. Last year it was doin ok, but I can't get it anywhere.
    I saw it in a pub once in lucan and the barman said they got samples in for nothing to try it. maybe it was the same thing in that pub

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Elbows22 wrote: »
    As far as i know they have to remove the scaffolding and paint and maintain the building while the injunction is in place.

What is the injunction grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

For those of us who can't go to the courthouse what's this Nymhall file about??

Nymhall Ltd is a property management company in Waterford that has been granted a court order for all building work to stop on Muldoons site.

Not sure what the injunction is about Sully, but this was posted in this thread a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Nypd wrote: »
    Not sure what the injunction is about Sully, but this was posted in this thread a while back

As far as im aware its due to damage to the internal protected walls between the back of Sinnotts/Bling and Muldoons - I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Monster seems to have flopped. Last year it was doin ok, but I can't get it anywhere.
    I saw it in a pub once in lucan and the barman said they got samples in for nothing to try it. maybe it was the same thing in that pub

Last time I was in Crystal it was two Vodks & a Monster for €10 but to be honest I thought it was horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonbon89

way too many people in the foundry saturday night couldnt move had to leave afta half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

bonbon89 wrote: »
    way too many people in the foundry saturday night couldnt move had to leave afta half hour

A simple solution to that problem, every club has a capacity if it goes over its legal capacity and is a danger to the public you can ring the fire station and ask for the fire officer, If he is unavailable a member of the Gardai will be sent to the premises and if they see it is dangerously packed they can close it on the spot, Obviously they are trying to over fill the Foundry because they are struggling to make a profit on their cheap drink promos

bonbon89 wrote: »
    Looks like they have competition crystal nightclub just announced €2.50 drinks for Saturday fiver admission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nail in the coffin.

Nail in the coffin.

Seems the whole town has gone bananas !

• Advertisement

Well that's what I mean.

Its out of control now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

have to agree its crazy but anyone have an idea what the rent is for crystal

Regardless what the rent is, losing money doesnt make any sense.

Regardless what the rent is, losing money doesnt make any sense.
    I know margins must be small,
    Surley with a fiver on the door it is profitable.

Doubt it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Seems like they are going from naught to hundred has anywhere tried to do like 3.50 drinks and a fiver in I wouldnt mind paying it.

500 @ 5 is 2500
    10e per person 5000 working off 45% margin give or take 2750 profit gross
    money for the night 5250 more or less still very tight if the rent is anyway high when all staff are taken out of it open to correction on the maths side of things

Santan wrote: »
    500 @ 5 is 2500
    10e per person 5000 working off 45% margin give or take 2750 profit gross
    money for the night 5250 more or less still very tight if the rent is anyway high when all staff are taken out of it open to correction on the maths side of things

What is the 45% margin on? If you are talking about the €2.50 drinks I wouldn't imagine it's anywhere near that high.

I'm making a point of not going to anywhere that sells these €2.50 drinks, I fully agree with what someone said that these offers seem to seriously attract scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I preferred The Foundry before they reduced their drink prices. Nicer crowd and it had a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

What is the 45% margin on? If you are talking about the €2.50 drinks I wouldn't imagine it's anywhere near that high.

I'm making a point of not going to anywhere that sells these €2.50 drinks, I fully agree with what someone said that these offers seem to seriously attract scumbags.

Let who ever do 2.50 drinks and get the crowd that goes with it,
    why not go that little bit higher and get the crowd that would pay an extra euro to get far away from that crowd
    Id imagine most people just dont want to pay 5 euro when somewhere else is charging 2.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Still €5 a pint in the woodman. Pity they wouldn't drop it a small bit while its half the price upstairs. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

jayboi wrote: »
    Let who ever do 2.50 drinks and get the crowd that goes with it,
    why not go that little bit higher and get the crowd that would pay an extra euro to get far away from that crowd
    Id imagine most people just dont want to pay 5 euro when somewhere else is charging 2.50

I'd pay €5 for a drink if it meant I was in a nice environment and felt safe and not to be surrounded by scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I'd pay €5 for a drink if it meant I was in a nice environment and felt safe and not to be surrounded by scum.

The Foundry did have thoese prices and the place was empty

not too sure but if a bottle of vodka is costing approx 23e trade price for 30 shots for a thats .76 a shot, sold at 2.5, which is 70% approx with cokes and that give a higher profit, bring that back a bit from alcopops and draught and then back up again from the cheaper bottled beers that can be got i would think 45% would be an average might be wrong though

not too sure but if a bottle of vodka is costing approx 23e trade price for 30 shots for a thats .76 a shot, sold at 2.5, which is 70% approx with cokes and that give a higher profit, bring that back a bit from alcopops and draught and then back up again from the cheaper bottled beers that can be got i would think 45% would be an average might be wrong though

Majority of the venues at the moment are on a deal with suppliers where the vodka works out at 65c per shot

Majority of the venues at the moment are on a deal with suppliers where the vodka works out at 65c per shot

Still good margins so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was in foundry last night, quite enjoyed it compred to the other times which were wednesdays, fact was it was quieter compared to wednesdays. Still busy mind you..
    Personally prefer harveys myself, great smokig area tis warm,dry, tunes dancefloor and bar and seems to have a nicer crowd?? Myst try the other clubs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Not too many people here who paid attention in economics class (or accounting class for that matter) apart from a notable few exceptions.

Whats this "Retro Lounge" Ive been hearing about coming soon? Over 23's apparently - If true it will be a welcome addition to the town as i wont feel the need to be charging babysitting rates entering certain ither venues. Any idea where abouts it will be???

• Advertisement

Whats this "Retro Lounge" Ive been hearing about coming soon? Over 23's apparently - If true it will be a welcome addition to the town as i wont feel the need to be charging babysitting rates entering certain ither venues. Any idea where abouts it will be???

My guess! Flashes new place where Oskars used to be?

Advertisement