Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I heard Shortts are doing the proper Mojitos (ie: RUM, mint, crushed ice, caster sugar, fresh limes, and tonic water), must try them some night, but they'd want to be fair savage to compete with my home made, fresh ingredient Mojitos!!!

I hope this is true, ever since I got hooked on them in Coyote bar in Prague I have tried them all over town and have been let down every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I heard Shortts are doing the proper Mojitos (ie: RUM, mint, crushed ice, caster sugar, fresh limes, and tonic water), must try them some night, but they'd want to be fair savage to compete with my home made, fresh ingredient Mojitos!!!

I hope this is true, ever since I got hooked on them in Coyote bar in Prague I have tried them all over town and have been let down every single time.

Always end up on the mojitos when in there, proper rum based ones, rocket fuel !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Hate to dissapoint ye lads but they are using the Smirnoff mix like all the other pubs around in Shortts....cant comment on how it tastes as i dont drink cocktails though.

Spadzy wrote: »
    Hate to dissapoint ye lads but they are using the Smirnoff mix like all the other pubs around in Shortts....cant comment on how it tastes as i dont drink cocktails though.

Wrong info there buddy, bacardai based and freshly made before your eyes.
    The smirnoff ones are also available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Spadzy wrote: »

They do both in Harveys/Shortts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭sonyvision

blue-army wrote: »
    I've been going out in Waterford for nearly 3 years now, and I can honestly say I've never seen so many scumbags/travelers out as tonight.
    Foundry was absolutely full of them. Seen 4-5 fights broken up on the dancefloor alone.
    Then afterwards there was more war outside Subway/Hillbilly's.

There was a strong Garda presence so they were obviously expecting trouble.

ended up in the foundry coming near the end of the night after harverys:D
    wasnt as good as normal mostly students spending there well earned grand i believe. i dont know many scumbags/travelers who go to college but i know a few fellas who have the appearance of been rough simple because they do body building and boxing training..... seen a few fights but they got ****ed out i hope

harveys wasnt much better walking in at half 11 seen the bouncers shoving people onto the rood through the emergency door regardless of traffic:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Nypd wrote: »
    Wrong info there buddy, bacardai based and freshly made before your eyes.
    The smirnoff ones are also available

How much are they going for in shortts do you remember?

€5 each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

3 euros during weekdays (or sun - thu, I think). Fair play to the staff in there, great cocktails. I think I've been in there for one everytime I've been out the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I had at least 8 of the cocktails during the TalkTalk night. €3 each. Great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Without doubt they've been kicking ass with their cocktails since they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What kind of time does Shortt's get busy at on a Friday lads? I haven't been there yet and am heading out with some people from work on Friday week. Looking for somewhere to start, preferably in town. I was thinking this might suit? Like would there be a bit of a buzz there on a Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What kind of time does Shortt's get busy at on a Friday lads? I haven't been there yet and am heading out with some people from work on Friday week. Looking for somewhere to start, preferably in town. I was thinking this might suit? Like would there be a bit of a buzz there on a Friday night?

Every where is quiet on a Friday night, you could be looking between half twelve and one, The Foundry might have a few in with their drink promo, if you don’t mind having a few with scum and kids, Masons must be quiet with the crowd across in their crowd across in the Foundry

Every where is quiet on a Friday night, you could be looking between half twelve and one, The Foundry might have a few in with their drink promo, if you don’t mind having a few with scum and kids, Masons must be quiet with the crowd across in their crowd across in the Foundry

Yeah I suppose I'm not too worried about a crowd as there will be a few of us in it (between 5 and 10) but would like somewhere decent. The girl whose leaving night it is doesn't like Geoff's so that's the usual starting place out so just looking for an alternative.

Not going to be near The Foundry though. The group ranges from 24 to about 44 so not really suitable! We usually go to The Front Lounge later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

anyone go to the wet t-shirt competition in harveys last night? seen the pics looks like it was great fun

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose I'm not too worried about a crowd as there will be a few of us in it (between 5 and 10) but would like somewhere decent. The girl whose leaving night it is doesn't like Geoff's so that's the usual starting place out so just looking for an alternative.

Not going to be near The Foundry though. The group ranges from 24 to about 44 so not really suitable! We usually go to The Front Lounge later on.

With that Kind of age group, The Front Lounge, Kazbar, shorts, live band downstairs in Masons:)

With that Kind of age group, The Front Lounge, Kazbar, shorts, live band downstairs in Masons:)

Yep that's pretty much what I was thinking although I'd personally leave Mason's out of it.

Think we might start downstaris in the Kazbar, then either head upstairs once the band starts or over to Shortt's, then down to The Front Lounge for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Could we get a list of pubs/clubs and what exactly they are charging for a pint nowadays including entry fees and on different days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The pubs don't even know themselves half the time jayboi...

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

The pubs don't even know themselves half the time jayboi...
    When I get charged a fiver these days I feel I should be throwing a few shapes and asking for the manager.

• Advertisement

Have the Foundry changed their tune, Drinks FROM 2.50 not ALL, on a Friday and Saturday night

Have the Foundry changed their tune, Drinks FROM 2.50 not ALL, on a Friday and Saturday night

Looks like it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pub in Tramore doing similar promotions, had one tonight.
    ALL SPIRITS €3
    ALL LONG NECK BOTTLES €3
    ALL SPLITS €1
    COCKTAILS €4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

According to Facebook, everything is still €2-50 in The Foundry. Someone asked about the "FROM" on the poster.

If you stick to pubs that have €3 a pint and then hit Harveys/The Foundry on drinks promotions nights, it's nearly cheaper to drink in the pubs than it is to have a house party (when you consider you'd probably spend €20 on a box of beer for a party).

Prices would be great for pubs too, as already mentioned.

The Exchange, up in Ballybricken is €3 a drink all day every day (as far as I know).

Am I right in saying Harveys is regular prices on Fri/Sat but is €2 a drink (and a fiver in) every other night that they open (well €2 in some student nights)?

€2 in and €2 a drink on a Wed in The Foundry. €2-50 on a Fri + Sat for a drink and €5 in. What about Sunday in The Foundry? Is it normal prices? I'm not a major fan of the place but you'd put up with it for the cheap drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Does Tramore do any bit of business at the weekend?

looder wrote: »
    According to Facebook, everything is still €2-50 in The Foundry. Someone asked about the "FROM" on the poster.

It looks like a definate switch in tactics
    It's a sutle but major change in wording.

So I doubt it's ALL drinks €2.50 anymore

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    Does Tramore do any bit of business at the weekend?

Yeah it can do, but we don't really have a club here as it was part of a complex that closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Harveys closing fight breaking out onto the street. They have some good clientele in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not a fan of Harveys by any means but what I what will give them is the lack of scumbags in general that go in there. At least at the weekend.

Advertisement