Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Nypd wrote: »
    It looks like a definate switch in tactics
    It's a sutle but major change in wording.

So I doubt it's ALL drinks €2.50 anymore
    True, you can see them increasing the price of some of the drinks soon enough I'd say.

As I'm usually a pint drinker moreso than a short drinker, what way does it work for a vodka. Is it €2-50 for a vodka and coke (or white lemonade or red bull) or is it €2-50 for a vodka and €2-50 for a coke (or white lemonade or red bull)?

I'm presuming it's €2-50 for a vodka and dash of blackcurrent orcordial orange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Harveys by any means but what I what will give them is the lack of scumbags in general that go in there. At least at the weekend.

I will agree there we never get trouble from over there the weekend but Weekdays are wild and the amount of fights happening is just to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

looder wrote: »
    It looks like a definate switch in tactics
    It's a sutle but major change in wording.

So I doubt it's ALL drinks €2.50 anymore
    True, you can see them increasing the price of some of the drinks soon enough I'd say.

As I'm usually a pint drinker moreso than a short drinker, what way does it work for a vodka. Is it €2-50 for a vodka and coke (or white lemonade or red bull) or is it €2-50 for a vodka and €2-50 for a coke (or white lemonade or red bull)?

I'm presuming it's €2-50 for a vodka and dash of blackcurrent orcordial orange?
    €2.50 for each drink so vodka and coke €5.00
    Not sure what they charge for a dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭sonyvision

got charger 3 euro for a vodka and dash

so i guess its 50 cent but that was 2 weeks ago, could have changed

oh and body see the murder in town last night :eek:
    fight from harveys all the way back to istanbull :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

sonyvision wrote: »
    got charger 3 euro for a vodka and dash

so i guess its 50 cent but that was 2 weeks ago, could have changed

oh and body see the murder in town last night :eek:
    fight from harveys all the way back to istanbull :eek:

One big fight? What time?

• Advertisement

like 1 clock, group of fellas legged it passed me as i was walking to revs, got nose and seen it kick off by harveys then came back up the street still fights, so i ****ed in masons for safety :D

like 1 clock, group of fellas legged it passed me as i was walking to revs, got nose and seen it kick off by harveys then came back up the street still fights, so i ****ed in masons for safety :D

I live right across from Harveys and was at my window watching Tv all night, I would be the first one to complain about harveys. If there was a fight last night must have been whispering or something because I heard nothing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

We could hear it from Johnstown carpark so I don't know how you missed it . Looked to be a good few involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Just down by the bottom of bunkers hill and there was a load of cop cars and possibly an ambulance. Had the hole of the manor blocked off. Anyone know what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Just down by the bottom of bunkers hill and there was a load of cop cars and possibly an ambulance. Had the hole of the manor blocked off. Anyone know what happened?

when we passed one of the houses had some load of smoke comin out...a fire broke out seen the guards knockin on the doors to get the people out of the next houses beside it

• Advertisement

LOL ! Must have been fair bad if you went in there for safety 

Creamsoda wrote: »

Fire on manor street? Jazus I must be a tight sleeper lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I seriously LOL'd......

Yeah had no option gave it legs passed the bouncers, only to find a stool have a drink to see 2 of the fellas fighting standing across of me. looks like the gardi didnt check masons for the fellas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Hope the Foundry are proud of themselves, this cheap drink is causing serious problems now, treehouse raids!

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/19/students-now-sneak-out-cheap-nite-club-booze-to-sell-on-for-profit/

Hope the Foundry are proud of themselves, this cheap drink is causing serious problems now, treehouse raids!

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/19/students-now-sneak-out-cheap-nite-club-booze-to-sell-on-for-profit/

Classic 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I have an unquenchable desire to tick that box.

Any places that would be much good tonight?

I am starting to get sick of the Foundry and Harveys.

The bands in masons are always worth a look. it's not my fav place in twn by any means but it's a good change of pace.

Do you know if Crystal would be any good tonight?
    Is amnesia opening night tonight?
    What would shorts be like tonight?

• Advertisement

deisedave wrote: »
    Do you know if Crystal would be any good tonight?
    Is amnesia opening night tonight?
    What would shorts be like tonight?

Heard amnesia is not going ahead. comes from some body who ment to be working tonight got a phone call not to both.
    Crystal ehhhh if they have a big crowd yeah it "should be good" but if they have the normal crowd i wouldnt waste my fiver. Shorts is a nice bar to start the night wouldnt be there by the end of it tho

Heard amnesia is not going ahead. comes from some body who ment to be working tonight got a phone call not to both.
    Crystal ehhhh if they have a big crowd yeah it "should be good" but if they have the normal crowd i wouldnt waste my fiver. Shorts is a nice bar to start the night wouldnt be there by the end of it tho

Where ya go end of the night, trying to think of some good ideas.

Was it just me or was the town packed last night, Kazbar was up the walls as was Shortts and revs, cheap drink seems to working in Crystal, very decent crowd in there.
    There seemed to be a lot of people around from out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

Did anybody here about pepper spray been set off in The Foundry last night??
    Meant to have been bad!

It was on FB!!!:confused:

Did anybody here about pepper spray been set off in The Foundry last night??
    Meant to have been bad!

It was on FB!!!:confused:

Not sure how accurate this info is, but was told by a friend who works on the doors of a few bars ( not the foundry ), that it was a doorman that was attacked with the pepper spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Gardai appeal for witnesses to incidents in Tramore and Waterford City.

Gardai in Waterford City are appealing for witnesses after a bouncer was assaulted in the early hours of this morningA man entered the nightclub on John Street at around half two and attacked the bouncer who received minor facial injuries.Some sort of pepper spray substance was also used. Gardai in Tramore are appealing for information after a shop in the Riverstown area was robbed yesterday evening.An undisclosed amount of money was taken during the incident at around 8.40pm on Saturday.A man was seen leaving the store on foot and went in the direction of the Waterford Road.If anyone noticed this man or saw anything suspicious in the area they are asked to contact Gardai on 051 381333.Meanwhile a man is being questioned after ramming a Garda Car overnight.Gardai attempted to stop the car in question at around 3.30am and followed it to Kilcohan where the rear of the patrol car was rammed.The occupants were unhurt and they arrested one man at the scene. He is being held under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.
    wlr website

south wrote: »
    Gardai appeal for witnesses to incidents in Tramore and Waterford City.

Gardai in Waterford City are appealing for witnesses after a bouncer was assaulted in the early hours of this morningA man entered the nightclub on John Street at around half two and attacked the bouncer who received minor facial injuries.Some sort of pepper spray substance was also used. Gardai in Tramore are appealing for information after a shop in the Riverstown area was robbed yesterday evening.An undisclosed amount of money was taken during the incident at around 8.40pm on Saturday.A man was seen leaving the store on foot and went in the direction of the Waterford Road.If anyone noticed this man or saw anything suspicious in the area they are asked to contact Gardai on 051 381333.Meanwhile a man is being questioned after ramming a Garda Car overnight.Gardai attempted to stop the car in question at around 3.30am and followed it to Kilcohan where the rear of the patrol car was rammed.The occupants were unhurt and they arrested one man at the scene. He is being held under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.
    wlr website

Wow, had hoped that there wasn't much truth in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

wow thats a lot of crazy **** in one night

MacGyver wrote: »
    wow thats a lot of crazy **** in one night

Yeah I was out last night and there was alot of drunken people and fights everywhere. But thats just bound to happen if you put a couple of thousand drunk people anywhere :D:D

I did notice the bouncer arguing with someone who is known to be a regular scumbag and is just out of jail, so would not be to surprised if he came back with the spray

• Advertisement

This city is starting to borderline scare me. Jesus I'm not a fan of bouncers at times but using pepper spray is madness.

Advertisement