Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    Interesting part of that article is Harveys lost nearly €170k in '09. Would I be right in saying that in that year Harveys abd Masons were the only "big" late bars open? Or was Rubys still open?

Nah, it was the end of 2009 when the Tweedy group got into trouble, so I expect 2010 was a better year for them; followed by a bad 2011 as Tweedy's former pubs reopened under new owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Getting happier by the day that I no longer work in the pub and nightlife world. Too hard to make a buck, especially in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

"Latest accounts for Sheffs, the club’s parent company, show it made a loss of €168,640 in the year to November 2009, during its first five months trading."

"Sheffs " is just the name of the parent company,don't think the article is referring to Harveys here because it says first 5 months trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

In the global scheme of things, given the turnover of venues like Harvey's and Mantra, a loss of that magnitude isn't disastrous.

I wonder, therefore, why the bank has taken these steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

MinisterJD wrote: »
    "Latest accounts for Sheffs, the club’s parent company, show it made a loss of €168,640 in the year to November 2009, during its first five months trading."

"Sheffs " is just the name of the parent company,don't think the article is referring to Harveys here because it says first 5 months trading.

From the article: "Harvey’s public house and beer garden in Waterford, another Kavanaghs venture, has also gone into receivership."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

It has been overturned.none of the mentioned premises are in receivership at the moment.Receivers are not running the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Knowing Daryl he'll pull something out of the hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

exactly wellboytoo all we can do is watch this space and wait and see what comes of it, seems bank of scotland ireland is after all its debtors looking for there money eh, first binman now the kavanaghs who will be next i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

yeah he'll pull something out of the fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Total schamer but I'm very fond of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

leduke wrote: »
    yeah he'll pull something out of the fire!

He's a bright spark alright

Bit of a firey character but I'm sure he'll insure that everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I hope his fire insurance is up to date :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Can everyone stop arson about and say what you really think

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Mooley22 wrote: »
    It has been overturned.none of the mentioned premises are in receivership at the moment.Receivers are not running the company.
    Link please

I work there.Been working all weekend under same owners and management.No receivers to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

thats coz mooley they won,t be seen recievers hide in the backround there really running everything at the moment even ireland inc enda kenny is just a face for them lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Link please

Its in this mornings news and star -page 3- top right hand corner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So I take it the whole "there in liquidation" was bull**** and they entered Receivership, briefly, but were given court protection for the moment?
    Owners of Harneys given court protection
    The owners have Harveys Bar and Nightclub are seeking court protection after the bank of Scotland sought to have a reciver appointed to the group.A High Court ruling over the weekend has placed the group known as Sheffs Limited under court protection until another hearing on Thursday.94 people are employed at the group whose owners say will provide more return to creditors under protection than it would if recievership went ahead.The Directors of the Company are confident that if it is allowed a period of "breathing space" its future trading position can be secured . Pending the outcome of the application the Directors of the Company wish to assure its patrons that it is very much business as usual.

Source: http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/133654.html

More likely someone didn't know the difference between liquidation, receivership, administration, purple monkey, and dishwasher.

• Advertisement

And by the way...was that article written by a 4th class student? It's riddled with mistakes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And by the way...was that article written by a 4th class student? It's riddled with mistakes.

Most of WLRs articles online are.

Sully wrote: »
    So I take it the whole "there in liquidation" was bull**** and they entered Receivership, briefly, but were given court protection for the moment?

Briefly being a couple of hours.Court protection came through very quickly.Everybody should know more thursday.But either way Harveys will be open the same as always

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Owners of Harneys given court protection

Well I for one am going to march down to this Harneys place (where ever that is) and show my support!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Whats the story with cove then does anyone know?

jayboi wrote: »
    Whats the story with cove then does anyone know?
    As far as i know the cove is being leased out.So even if the bank took it back,whoever is leasing it would just pay the bank instead and would stay open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mooley22 wrote: »
    As far as i know the cove is being leased out.So even if the bank took it back,whoever is leasing it would just pay the bank instead and would stay open.

No they wouldn't. The debt would be with the owners, not the leasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Did anyone hear anything about dignity being run on a generator the weekend power was meant to be cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Think they were having some maintanence issues over the last two weeks on and off so I wouldn't be suprised.

• Advertisement

haha maintenance issues. I had some of them myself recently when O2 cut me off.

Advertisement