Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    I actually think an over 23's could do well. Maybe I'm in the minority but generally I don't like to be surrounded by 17/21 year olds when I'm out. Don't get me wrong, I went out at that age and they are perfectly entitled too aswell. That's what the foundry and upstairs in masons is for.

Anyway, Grindylow has hit the nail on the head IMO. Escape has already gained a reputation for the younger age group. I don't know are people going to buy into it, I assume they are changing the name over the door?
    The problem with this is that there's not enough people of that age group going out on a regular basis as they are typically more frugal with their money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

AdMMM wrote: »
    The problem with this is that there's not enough people of that age group going out on a regular basis as they are typically more frugal with their money!

frugal shmugal, lets go for a pint! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm in geoffs right now and the place is wedged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

why is over 23 a bad idea,if your not 18 in this town where else is there to go as far as i know the mojo lounge will cater for people who want a good night out but will not be hoarse from shouting over the music and watching kids pucking

You don't have to ban under 23s to have an older crowd. Look at Geoffs. Under 23s are like randy pups (or at least they should be). If you have a place that is more relaxed, with slower music the less mature crowd won't be attracted there, and under 23s can still go if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Nypd wrote: »
    Any word on Harvey's ?
    The Kavanaghs won the case against the receivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Mooley22 wrote: »
    The Kavanaghs won the case against the receivers.

Good news. The judge must have reckoned they can do something to sort out the situation. How long do they have court protection for?

The tweedys won a few cases against the receivers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I'm in geoffs right now and the place is wedged
    must be a good night , if yer posting from there :rolleyes:

RxQueen wrote: »
    must be a good night , if yer posting from there :rolleyes:

My god you are the most annoying little runt I've ever encountered on boards.

My god you are the most annoying little runt I've ever encountered on boards.
    :rolleyes:

tee hee hee

• Advertisement

It was that very thing that tipped me over the edge actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

A friend was treated very shabbily after losing their belongings in The Front Lounge a few nights ago.

Not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Waterford laddy

just got a preview of The Mojo Lounge, what a transformation, looking forward to tonight already!!! hope it stays over 23's. ex dj from roxy was in there at the time - he said all it needed now was the old dj crew and a musty smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Vodka and Coke in Mason's Halloween night 8 euro . they can go and **** off now never again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

€5.50 for the Vodka and €2.50 for a coke? It doesn't sound totally OTT IMO.

for future reference it's €10 for two vodkas and one pepsi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

€5.50 for a shot of vodka is daylight robbery in this day and age.

G S R wrote: »
    €5.50 for a shot of vodka is daylight robbery in this day and age.

Oh I agree but what I'm saying is it's not a mojor jump up from similar pubs in Dublin/Cork/Galway I'd imagine.

ziedth wrote: »
    Oh I agree but what I'm saying is it's not a mojor jump up from similar pubs in Dublin/Cork/Galway I'd imagine.
    Yeah that's true alright. People are so used to the cheap deals now in Waterford that it's hard for most to pay the higher prices when the pubs charge them.

I think it's €4.50ish for the vodka in most places in KK and about €1 for a dash of blackcurrent or orange cordial.

In saying that, it's very rarely I'd actually look at the prices in nightclubs.

Just on Masons, one thing I noticed a few weeks back on the 3 for 10 offer was that I had to get all three drinks together. Not ideal if you're not in rounds or only in a round of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Vodka is €5 in Masons, the Coke was €3. I'm not going to justify the prices (frankly, I don't care) but I will say that there are very good deals on every night even if they won't please everyone.

Secondly regards having to buy 3 drinks at a time. It's awkward I know and ideally we wouldn't have to do it, but there have been a few instances of people ruining it for everyone else so there wasn't much choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This is true, the problems that arise in busy city centre pubs when doing 3 for a tenner if allowing the customer to take one at a time are really not worth the hassle. It is a few bad apples spoling it for everyone unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Why not charge 3.33 per pint,that way the customer get´s value and the publician cannot be accused of promoting binge drinking.

Why not charge 3.33 per pint,that way the customer get´s value and the publician cannot be accused of promoting binge drinking.

I thought 'bulk' related discounts were considered irresponsible selling.

Only in a "happy hour" format IIRC. Selling that way all night is bizarrely allowed.

On a side note Masons must make some serious money off €3 for a coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I don't know to be honest. I only started there in May and it was already well established at that stage. I know it would make the staffs lives a lot easier. Although €3.33 is an awkward price so it probable end up being €3.40 or €3.50.

kryogen wrote: »
    This is true, the problems that arise in busy city centre pubs when doing 3 for a tenner if allowing the customer to take one at a time are really not worth the hassle. It is a few bad apples spoling it for everyone unfortunately.
    What they do in a lot of other places that do the 3 for 10 is give out tokens i.e. When you order your first drink, you get your drink and 2 tokens. A lot more convenient for the customer and would probably save the bar hassle too.

RE the price of Coke (as some one mentioned), I heard (from a bar manager outside of Waterford) a couple of weeks back that one bar is getting the glass bottle for well under a euro. I think it was about 60 cents for any of coca colas products with Finches been sold to bars at 50 cents. Per shot of Smirnoff was working out quite similar while they could get a cheaper vodka for 40 cents a shot.

Good money been made off those prices although when you take the cost of entertainment, electricity and staff out of it, I'd doubt there's too much left for the bar owner.

-snip-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

-snip-

And you must be somehow connected to it.

Most of your posts involve something to do with Revolution, and this post states you manage a bar in Waterford. http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74712194&postcount=28

Good advertising though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Grindylow wrote: »
    And you must be somehow connected to it.

Most of your posts involve something to do with Revolution, and this post states you manage a bar in Waterford. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74712194&postcount=28

Good advertising though

Yeah it's ridiculous the amount of people who pose as a normal customer when they work for a place. Who do they think they're fooling?

You might have had a great night there but you should have prefaced it with "I do work for Flash, but still...".

I have to say I'm sick of shilling on this thread. I have snipped the offending post(s) and personally speaking any suspect posts from now on will be deleted. I'm genuinely sorry it's come to this as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

• Advertisement

thats cool ---i'll post about politics,life, social habits, hassle,and leave the night life alone - slainte, its been fun! (really miss up the deise)

Advertisement