Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aislingrivera

Personally I am delighted. Not for Waterford it's a terrible blow for the staff and the regulars but from what I can see they had it coming. They took all they could from the banks and from us the tax payer and I dont think they would be loosing any sleep if it was any of us who were in trouble. As I said they had it coming karma's a bitch eh lads.
    wellboytoo wrote: »
    Knowing Daryl he'll pull something out of the hat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Whats the story with Muldoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

south wrote: »
    Whats the story with Muldoons?

Some sort of injunction in place, they had to stop work

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Anyone know what is happening with the Oscars pub, saw a sign on it the other day with a sale agreed on it. Hope something decent will happen to it, need something different out this end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

So thats still on going? Someone had siad over the weekend that they had started work on it again and would be open for christmas.. Must of been B/S so.

south wrote: »
    So thats still on going? Someone had siad over the weekend that they had started work on it again and would be open for christmas.. Must of been B/S so.

It's hard to know what's going to happen next in the city.
    Is there even room for another big venue, compared to a year ago the Waterford night life has dramatically improved, there is a lot of variety now, but I can see the cheap drinks being the downfall of a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

from famine to feast & back again ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 life goes on

Nypd wrote: »
    It's hard to know what's going to happen next in the city.
    Is there even room for another big venue, compared to a year ago the Waterford night life has dramatically improved, there is a lot of variety now, but I can see the cheap drinks being the downfall of a few of them.

its easy to sell cheap drink when you rent for a pittence and can walk away any time. the kazbar, revolution, the foundry, harveys all have morgages and yet have to compete with the likes of mason and shortt
    which are owned by the banks.if were not careful waterford nightlife will be controlled by nama

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

its easy to sell cheap drink when you rent for a pittence and can walk away any time. the kazbar, revolution, the foundry, harveys all have morgages and yet have to compete with the likes of mason and shortt
    which are owned by the banks.if were not careful waterford nightlife will be controlled by nama

Thing is though does whoever owns the places make a blind bit of difference to us and anyone else who goes out? I'd say the majority only care about their night out and care little for who is making a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Except that you're wrong about the Foundry. It is rented too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Foundry leased, woodman owned

EDIT: damn you adyx ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Anyone know what is happening with the Oscars pub, saw a sign on it the other day with a sale agreed on it. Hope something decent will happen to it, need something different out this end

I don't know with regard to Oscars, but sale agreed does not equal sale complete.

There could be issues with financing?

ziedth wrote: »

Thing is though does whoever owns the places make a blind bit of difference to us and anyone else who goes out? I'd say the majority only care about their night out and care little for who is making a profit.

Have to agree, it doesn't matter who owns it once a good night is had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

no more 2 euro drinks in harveys anymore..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yoyo83 wrote: »

Only Thursdays afaik.
    Thursday is a dead night in town anyway - Foundry don't even open and everywhere else is quiet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Only Thursdays afaik.
    Thursday is a dead night in town anyway - Foundry don't even open and everywhere else is quiet..
    Masons was jammed the last couple of Thursdays.

Adyx wrote: »
    Masons was jammed the last couple of Thursdays.

went into masons on thurs night and walked out again was too packed and harveys had an alright crowed

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Band in Masons sat night was absolutely fantastic ..... UV5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JamesOHalloran

yoyo83 wrote: »

Strange, they had a playboy night tonight and drinks were 2 euro, as was entry, i think they're grand for the moment for us, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the prices rise or the enrty fee be 5 euro all nights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Cnut students kicking my door and banging my window again tonight, when I go out there running of down the road. :( I tell you if i catch one, takes me a while to get to the door because i am 3 stories up.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

deisedave wrote: »
    Cnut students kicking my door and banging my window again tonight, when I go out there running of down the road. :( I tell you if i catch one, takes me a while to get to the door because i am 3 stories up.

Pour a pot of boiling water or oil out the window,that will stop them.:D

Pour a pot of boiling water or oil out the window,that will stop them.:D

Replace pot with urine and yeah good idea :D I didnt feel safe in the house so I got some protection just have to catch them doing it. The guards have been on the street while it was being done before so its pretty much up to me to try and stop it. I reported it and I was basically laughed at lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Bucket of crap would be even better.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Bucket of crap would be even better.

In reality tho if i soaked them with water, you would be sure next time there in town they will do damage. I would prefer have a friendly chat with them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

In reality tho if i soaked them with water, you would be sure next time there in town they will do damage. I would prefer have a friendly chat with them. ;)

I agree a hand´s on approach is alway´s better.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

What's Waterford like on a Sunday night lads? Might be heading down for a night with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    What's Waterford like on a Sunday night lads? Might be heading down for a night with the missus.

tumbleweed.jpg

Strange, they had a playboy night tonight and drinks were 2 euro, as was entry, i think they're grand for the moment for us, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the prices rise or the enrty fee be 5 euro all nights

thats cos wednesdays nights in harveys is a student night and thursday nights is just a normal night so they stopped doing it on thursdays as it is alot quieter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

tumbleweed.jpg

Might not bother so!

Advertisement