Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    What's Waterford like on a Sunday night lads? Might be heading down for a night with the missus.

It's alright on sundays, usually a few bands on and not as many of the kids around chavving up the place. I love the sunday nights, the monday mornings however are another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Sunday night is a great night.3 euro pints up in Ballbricken for 4 o clock match live band and then down to mason for a live band(pissed as a fart).You can't go wrong.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Sounds more like it. Limerick is the same with regards live bands on a Sunday but no cheap booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

longshanks wrote: »
    It's alright on sundays, usually a few bands on and not as many of the kids around chavving up the place. I love the sunday nights, the monday mornings however are another story.

Yes, because all "kids" do is "chav up the place" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wexfordgirlie

me and my friends were thinking about coming down the weekend but just read this, is the town really this bad??!! did that really happen??!!:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wexfordgirlie

dayshah wrote: »
    First the judges give lenient sentences, and then the scumbags don't even serve the sentence.

I think the should put barbed wire all around Waterford Castle, put all the scumbags there, and helicopter drop in fish-heads once a month. Let the scumbags fight eachother to the death there.
    me and my friends were thinking about coming down the weekend but just read this, is the town really this bad??!! did that really happen??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

me and my friends were thinking about coming down the weekend but just read this, is the town really this bad??!! did that really happen??!!

Yes a lot of scum around the last few weeks, but its the same every where

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Yes a lot of scum around the last few weeks, but its the same every where

What part of Beruit do you drink in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Waterford is the same as any city in the world,you can have a great night out in some good venue´s and meet really nice people.But like anywhere if you go looking for trouble you will find some asshole to give it to you.The decent people outnumber the scumbag´s by a 1000 to 1 so come and enjoy our city,you wont be the first and certainly not the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Waterford laddy

Waterford is the same as any city in the world,you can have a great night out in some good venue´s and meet really nice people.But like anywhere if you go looking for trouble you will find some asshole to give it to you.The decent people outnumber the scumbag´s by a 1000 to 1 so come and enjoy our city,you wont be the first and certainly not the last.

i agree - Waterford has its problems like every City - i like going out in the city - midweek or weekend - unfortunatly the "buzz" dosent happen till later in the night
    remember the days of being in Egans at 8pm on a fri or sat night and it packed! the queue for Geoffs at 8 or 9pm. Wall to Wall people in preachers. all day sessions on a Sunday starting in the Keg @ 12pm - getting a lock in for holy hour, falling out of preachers or the bridge at 2am for a mini special - how life has changed!
    and back then we werent considered to have a drink problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

Have to say going out in waterford is pretty crap nowdays compared to back a couple of years ago... Never setting foot in the foundry ever again, what a crap hole of a place and i swear i think their drinks are watered down!.. Harveys isnt good anymore either, ive had nights 10 times better in a pub in the back of nowhere and at home than i do on that town!

Is it true that the foundry have to close at 1.30 now ?

Nypd wrote: »
    Is it true that the foundry have to close at 1.30 now ?

I was in there last night, 1.30 on the button the lights went on, something to do with their cheap drink offers and binge drinking, didnt get the full story

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

I was in there last night, 1.30 on the button the lights went on

As well Saturday as Sunday morning this week the lights went on at around 02:30 not 01:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I was in there last night, 1.30 on the button the lights went on, something to do with their cheap drink offers and binge drinking, didnt get the full story

Go way out of that id say at half 1 you couldnt see the end of your nose never mind your watch ;)

jayboi wrote: »
    Go way out of that id say at half 1 you couldnt see the end of your nose never mind your watch ;)

ha ha you could be right:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Waterford laddy

Foundry were renewing late licence in court last week and cops objected to licence because of trouble caused by cheap drink - the judge agreed and said they are to close every night at 1.30 - Cops called to all other premises in the city last night and said last drinks 2am, light up and house clear by 2.30
    they are getting tough because of cheap drink and the state a small minority of people get in and start trouble.

Foundry were renewing late licence in court last week and cops objected to licence because of trouble caused by cheap drink - the judge agreed and said they are to close every night at 1.30 - Cops called to all other premises in the city last night and said last drinks 2am, light up and house clear by 2.30
    they are getting tough because of cheap drink and the state a small minority of people get in and start trouble.

I knew I wasnt that pissed ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Hm, yeah. Done shopping in Tesco at 03:12. So, maybe they closed a little bit earlier than "usual". But deffo not 01:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

The brother told me he was out of there at 2 o' clock on the button. He wasn't impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't say I blame them. I have seen people destroyed coming out of a few places. out of interest did Harveys keep serving because they have regular priced drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭sonyvision

well if the foundry has the short license because they have cheap drink, then harveys should have the 2 clock license because they have full price drink makes some sense i say. But they do have the cheap drink on the wendesday far as im aware :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't say I blame them. I have seen people destroyed coming out of a few places. out of interest did Harveys keep serving because they have regular priced drink?
    Harveys served until normal hours.I dont know why other bars were closed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭sonyvision

ah thats grand think a few bottles then finish off the night in harveys for the last drink, pitty they dont open mondays any more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What is the law on closing times?

If Foundry was told 1.30 all nightclubs will be 1.30 closing

What is the difference between a late bar and nightclub licence?

Coppers in Dublin serves til 3 or 4 am

sasta le wrote: »

As far as I am aware each venue applies individually for their licences.
    Licences can be granted with conditions attatched.
    It is the Garda or fire dept that would look for conditions if they were expierencing dificulties

sasta le wrote: »

The latest would normally for a club would be between 2.30 and 3.00, Im not 100% sure but the guards have something to do with Coopers, so more than likely they turn a blind eye to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Coopers more than likely have a different licence..one of those old dance hall ones or something similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Coopers more than likely have a different licence..one of those old dance hall ones or something similar

Theatre Licence :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Guards have something to do with Coppers??

How do you get a theatre licence or dancehall licence or does it have to be in an existing building

Advertisement