Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

sasta le wrote: »
    Guards have something to do with Coppers??

How do you get a theatre licence or dancehall licence or does it have to be in an existing building

Yeah, they're copper's best customers.:D

Ba dum tish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Theatre Licence :)

That's the one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Muldoons revival weekend at Harveys.Should be good.As a former member of muldoons bar staff im looking forward to having boots djin again:)

Lol oh jaysus

Lol oh jaysus
    Haha going to be great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Muldoons revival weekend at Harveys.Should be good.As a former member of muldoons bar staff im looking forward to having boots djin again:)

Here we go again, trying to bring back a crowd that are not out in numbers anymore

Here we go again, trying to bring back a crowd that are not out in numbers anymore
    Worth trying something different for a weekend isnt it?All drinks 3euro aswell so it might get a few in and if anyone remembers listening to boots djin, its a experience to say the least:)

I'm all for ideas like this, but as musicman says...it might be in vein.

When I worked in the nightlife industry, I wanted to create something similar to what Flash has now in The Mojo Lounge, but I wanted it to be done in a different way. More like an underground spot...a jewel in the nile for people that were willing to pay normal prices for a drink in a nice atmosphere. I hope the mojo lounge works cause I like Flash and I like his willingness to try new things. (not sure he much likes me anymore though lol)

I've given up with this town though, I won't ever have anything to do with bars or niteclubs anymore because I think it's a waste of time. The amount of times we'd go out of our way to do something decent and be met with ignorance and people just flooding to the usual places to get their jackets robbed and their beer nicked...

My last word on it...I'll say well done to the Kazbar and The Front Lounge...the two bars that, in my opinion, are doing everything right. Not panicking with prices...keeping up to date with their social media, and looking after their regular customers.

but then again...wtf do I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Worth trying something different for a weekend isnt it?All drinks 3euro aswell so it might get a few in and if anyone remembers listening to boots djin, its a experience to say the least:)

Fk me smacks of desperation, in fairness Muldoons was good in its day,
    But before it closed it was well past it's day.
    Are they going to rough up Harvey's and have one corner smelling of piss.
    Just to complete the revival all they need is a drunk Leary aggressive dj, but they have that covered bringing old boots back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

muldoons revival weekend? are they allowed to take that name for harveys?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

I'm assuming the name posted here is an actual person that is being insulted on a public forum. Any posts referencing this person and the abuse have been removed.

Personal Abuse is against Boards.ie Rules. The person isn't here to represent him or herself either, which makes it very unfair but the same rules apply.

If I have been mistaken, or if there are any queries on this, please send me a PM.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

I'm assuming the name posted here is an actual person that is being insulted on a public forum. Any posts referencing this person and the abuse have been removed.

Personal Abuse is against Boards.ie Rules. The person isn't here to represent him or herself either, which makes it very unfair but the same rules apply.

If I have been mistaken, or if there are any queries on this, please send me a PM.

Cheers.

Spoilsport :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'm all for ideas like this, but as musicman says...it might be in vein.

When I worked in the nightlife industry, I wanted to create something similar to what Flash has now in The Mojo Lounge, but I wanted it to be done in a different way. More like an underground spot...a jewel in the nile for people that were willing to pay normal prices for a drink in a nice atmosphere. I hope the mojo lounge works cause I like Flash and I like his willingness to try new things. (not sure he much likes me anymore though lol)

Got to say, the Mojo Lounge is so far exceeding expectations, the crowd is building each week and it is soooooo nice to work in a bar where the customer is polite haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where is the mojo lounge?

yoyo83 wrote: »
    muldoons revival weekend? are they allowed to take that name for harveys?

The kavanaghs had it before tweedy. And named it etc. and hired me to Dj in there with adyx on a Monday and Tuesday night.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Where is the mojo lounge?

The entrance is between Centra and Hillbillys, (old escape door) very different venue though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Theres a new singer-songwriter night going on in the Kings bar on lombard street, the first sunday of every month i think. I wasn't at the last one but i heard it was brilliant so i'll definitely go to the next one which is on the 4th of december. Be great for anyone whos into that kind of thing

yeah im due to play at the next one in the kings so hope it does go well cause its a great outlet to local musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The kavanaghs had it before tweedy. And named it etc. and hired me to Dj in there with adyx on a Monday and Tuesday night.
    Jaysus, you make it sound so dirty. :P Any chance of some Wings?

It was dirty. Very dirty. I can remember playing don't stop believin before people raped it. Anyway..band on the run..this one'a for the bar man...

Good times. It's a gone to **** now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

ah i see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I just saw on Facebook a venue that I won't name is advertising a job and those applying should be between "20-25" years old although understandable surely that's illegal right?

ziedth wrote: »
    I just saw on Facebook a venue that I won't name is advertising a job and those applying should be between "20-25" years old although understandable surely that's illegal right?

yes it is. ageism.

name and shame??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

kryogen wrote: »
    name and shame??

If its on facebook its already public Ziedth :)
    Just do the usual craic and supply the link to back it up that way you cant block yourself :D

Elbows22 wrote: »
    If its on facebook its already public Ziedth :)
    Just do the usual craic and supply the link to back it up that way you cant block yourself :D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/crystalniteclub

That's a fair point, practice what you preach and all that. If you ask me they are leaving themselves wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

That's so stupid of them. I once got told in an interview that the company (one of Waterford's most famous) didn't hire men to that position (and no it wasn't as a masseuse or anything!). It's amazing how stupid some people are despite seemingly having a HR qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I just applied I am 21 so hopefully the age requirement might help me out a bit. :D

A few have commented on it now (I'm assuming one or two boardsies :)) so I imagine it will be taken down by this time tomorrow. It's such a foolish thing to say it's madness.

Christ, is it so hard to put "Role woud suit outgoing energetic personality"

• Advertisement

A few have commented on it now (I'm assuming one or two boardsies :)) so I imagine it will be taken down by this time tomorrow. It's such a foolish thing to say it's madness.

Christ, is it so hard to put "Role woud suit outgoing energetic personality"

whatever gave you that idea? :D

Advertisement