Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold trains from dublin

Options
  • 28-03-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

anyone notice the heat being switched off on the late trains from Dublin to Galway.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yup, had occasion to be closer to Heuston twice recently, and needed the table space to do work (normally I get the gobus), so got the last train. Both times it was FREEZING!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shammer

I contacted Irish Rail, the manager said he would pass the message on.........Nothing so far. probably waiting for a heatwave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

It's gobus all the way for me anymore.

It's faster, more frequent, a fraction of the price, drops you to the city centre or airport door and it would, now, also appear to be warmer.

and i don't live in attymon

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

+1 for GoBus

Iarnroid Eireann is overpriced, staff are rude, it is cold, it is full of obnoxious people from the countray up to the big shmoke for the day gabbing excitedly while they knock into you with enormous shopping bags, it employs the ridiculous system of pre-picking your seats online if you wish so even if you are there half an hour beforehand to stampede to the gate with everyone else there is no guarantee you won't be tapped on the shoulder by someone and told to move. Also just as you manage to nod off under the glare of spaceship strenght lights, you will always be poked to have your ticket checked.

GoBus all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shammer

I travelled on the 7.15 Heuston to Galway train on Thurs last . This is very warm weather and yet the train was NOT cosy, passengers were were putting on their jackets etc. Seems to me Irish Rail wont do anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement