Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library

Options
  • 28-03-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is many places to study in westside library or the city library or any other places where i could get a quiet spot ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, there are desks in Westside Library and the City Library. Not sure how quiet they are, but it's not totally loud either.

Museum is usually pretty quiet, has some sunny spots upstairs.

And as someone said on an earlier thread, churches are usually pretty quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Only problem with Westside is that the children are sometimes allowed to run rampant...have experienced children fighting over computers and the little ones screaming and crying in the children's book area, which is justs a section of the main large room. Main library has a separate children's room which does help, but it is often more crowded because of the location downtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Only problem with Westside is that the children are sometimes allowed to run rampant
    Unfortunately that is the parents fault, I've seen them just sit back and watch as their kids just run wild, throwing books etc. When I was a kid my Parents taught me to respect the library, it's supposed to be a peaceful place to be quiet and enjoy books. Now some parents just think that it is the library staff's job to babysit as well!!:rolleyes:

I love westside library, I often go in there with my laptop and browse the books in peace and quiet, sometimes in the evening. The staff in there are just so nice and know so much about all the different types of literature. It's a joy to see little (well behaved) kids sitting on their little chairs getting their first taste of books and reading!:) They even have dolls houses and toys for them. It's really sweet.

But back on topic, OP, ask the library staff what is the best time to come in when it's quiet, they know better than most. Suffice to say it's not a Saturday, it's so busy in there then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just use NUIG or GMIT, you never get asked for ID in either.

Advertisement