Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good review of 3x2 Eyefinity gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

the problem is having even more bevel on the vertical. Im hopefully going to get tha adapter soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm considering 3 screens myself, I could cope with vertical bezels out of my centre view, but 6 with the horizontal bezel would be terrible. This is not going to work for gaming unless they produce monitors with tiny bezels, even then not so sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I think Samsung and a few others are making zero-bezel screens with DismayPort and Mini-Dismayport built-in to reduce your dismay a little ;)

At least until you see the price tag! lol.gif

Seriously, aside from Wonda Boy (maybe), who among us could ever afford this level of gibbering madness anyway?!?

As I heard not so long ago... its the lunacy booth lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

eyefinity was always a bit of a gimmic. but having 6 display ports on a single card would be useful for doing professional style projection setups on the cheap. Also, toms hardware have a nice article about making polorised 3D projection displays using ATI drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Solitaire wrote: »
    I think Samsung and a few others are making zero-bezel screens with DismayPort and Mini-Dismayport built-in to reduce your dismay a little ;)

At least until you see the price tag! lol.gif

Seriously, aside from Wonda Boy (maybe), who among us could ever afford this level of gibbering madness anyway?!?

As I heard not so long ago... its the lunacy booth lol.gif
    yeah those Samsung screens are crazy prices, my intention is to get 3x24" screens sometime in the next year, my cheapo 3 screen setup just doesnt cut it for me now lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you pop a lcd panel out of the casing you can see the bezel is only a thin strip of metal about 2-4mm wide depending on the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This might be a stupid question, but does eyefinity require that all the monitors are using the same connection type (i.e displayport I guess)?

I could see a use for three displays in a flight sim but would the guy in that video not be better off just using a decent projector?:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, they all have to be mini-DismayPort or full-size DismayPort (with adaptors, sold seperately! :D). Not sure if even a €100 active adaptor (x number of adaptors you need! :o) to change Mini-DismayPort to HDMI or DVI would work properly with EyeFinity due to latency issues! :eek:

The good news is that maybe we'll start seeing the industry switching to small-bezel monitors at long last... :rolleyes:

Advertisement