Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water going cold

Options
  • 28-03-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

mods feel free to move

Im living in gleann noinin appts don't know if anyone is familar with them. Problem lies with our water. it heats up at night and then you can boost it afterwards if you like for two hours during day/night etc..

The problem is sometimes the water can be fine no problem two to three showers etc.. but sometimes and very unpredictable you might only get one shower out of it if ur lucky.

I was told today that the water for washing machine and dishwasher is not linked to this water so having them running through the day should not have an effect on the water for baths/shower

but for example the other day I had shower around 7 in the evening and by the end of the shower i felt the water starting to go cold! This was the first shower of the day and no washes etc had been on if the case may be that they effect it!?

so few questions

what could be causing this?
    why does it only happen sometimes? not all the time?
    how much to fix?
    does having washing machine/dishwasher on effect the water for the shower?
    can anyone recommmend anyone that would be able to fix this problem?

cheers in advance i know im asking alot!

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

My guess would be decreasing water pressure. What way is the water heated? Is it an immersion or in an electric boiler..

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

its electrical as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

sounds likely to be the cold water pressure to be honest. This can be increased if you find the correct valve in your house. usually under the kitchen sink.

What happens in our house is that the electric shower will go cod if any other tap in the house is turned on.

I reckon ask the landlord (if you rent) or the property manager if you own to increase the water pressure for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

it heats up at night and then you can boost it afterwards if you like for two hours during day/night etc..

That sounds like an immersion rather than "electric power shower". (Yes, the immersion is electric, but not the same kind of electric that the 2nd poster asked about).

OP, where's your tank? If it insulated? Also, do you know what time it actually heats at? (I know it's supposed to be overnight, but sometimes the timer can be set wrong.)

its an electric boiler not an electric shower

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    That sounds like an immersion rather than "electric power shower". (Yes, the immersion is electric, but not the same kind of electric that the 2nd poster asked about).

OP, where's your tank? If it insulated? Also, do you know what time it actually heats at? (I know it's supposed to be overnight, but sometimes the timer can be set wrong.)
    its well insulated not the cheap one but rather the permanent kind. the timer is set right but a friend of mine(an electrican) said it could be that the timer is faulty and is heating the water at the wrong times!

Advertisement