Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend for me...

Options
  • 28-03-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

A cat brush suitable for a Floofey boy

The one I have at the moment has the brush on one side and a harder side with metal bristles topped with plastic bobs

The cat in question has lovely soft Angora like fluff. He is shedding a lot more now as the seasons are changing. I found today that I could almost strip the dead hair like you do with some terriers.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You can't beat a ZoomGroom!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kong-Cat-Zoom-Groom-Purple/dp/B00189QJKC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1269813362&sr=8-3

My cat loves it, and she gets a great massage from it - It's great for de-fluffing her now that she is molting too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I would use a slicker brush (a kind of wire brush, someone in a pet shop could probably show you the one) and a metal comb or a rake brush (to get to the soft undercoat).

A persian breeder showed us how she grooms her show cat and she uses a slicker brush and rake brush. I use a slicker brush on my longhaired cat too and it works great. :) And dog groomers use them.

Just be careful with slicker brushes, to get a quite soft one, and not to groom them too hard or you could scratch their skin. You probably won't, but just be gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Look up furminator. Excellent on fluffy cats, not so sure if he's a long-hair, you'll have to check their website. But yes, furminator isn't a joke, and yes, they're excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I was thinking of a furminator alright. I looked them up on ebay and there are all different ones for different prices.

The floofey one would be a medium to long haired cat with plenty of floof. The hair is at its shortest on the back of his shoulders and her has a fabulous mane and tail. The mid-section is long and it is quite floofey around his hindquarters.

I was thinking of going for the purple cat one. Should I get one with a short blade or a longer rake?

I understand that furminators work by removing the loose undercoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yeah they look all the world like a nit comb. (I bet that's how they were discovered - some groomer using a nit comb). Buy whichever one is suitable for your cat's coat. They're extremely effective - and mine will tolerate the furminator more than any other comb or slicker brush I've tried previously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement