Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Directions from Dublin to Clifden

• 28-03-2010 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have to drive to Clifden next week from Dublin and although I have done it once before I had someone directing me last time, and am feeling very nervous about the drive this time. I remember there were a lot of round abouts going into Galway city (and lots of wrong turns were made!), I feel confident about getting to that first round about but wondered if anyone know what signs I should be following at each of the roundabouts, so that I am going in the correct direction?

Thankyou!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

9. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Bóthar na dTreabh/N6. Go through 1 roundabout 2.8 km

10. At Morris Roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Bóthar na dTreabh/N6 heading to Br. na Tra/Salthill/N59/an Clochan/Clifden Continue to follow N6
    Go through 2 roundabouts 3.1 km

11. At Bodkin Roundabout, take the 4th exit and stay on N6 1.7 km

12. At Browne Roundabout, take the 4th exit onto N59/Thomas Hynes Rd 1.3 km

13. Turn left at Lower Dangan/N59 Continue to follow N59 24.4 km

14. Turn left at Clifden Rd/N59 Continue to follow N59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

google maps is great for route planning..you should definately check it out.

http://maps.google.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Most of the roundabouts are signposted for Clifden anyway.
    If not,look out for ones for Salthill,you'll be heading out that side for a bit. Then you'll definitely see the ones for Clifden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GreenPlastic

Thanks so much for everyones help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Check the AA roadwatch web site
    route planner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Its pretty well signposted but there are a lot of roundabouts...

The N59 is the road you want so keep an eye on that and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I would keep heading for city centre until I saw either Clifden or N59.

Advertisement