Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - this is bad, right ? PLEASE UPC hurry up !!

• 28-03-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

My connection since Vodafone took over BT has been horrible. I lose connection at least once a month, I have woefull speeds & it's just a brutal service. I've been told that UPC will be in my area soon, but no sign yet.

This is my usual:

764137467.png

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

WOW 1.44MB!!!! I'd have been delighted with that on AlphaWave, however was lucky to get near 1mb most of the time!!!

There are seriously some brutal services out there. I wonder if / when Ireland will get 4G / WiMax, that should sort out some of these terrible services!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

hello all,
    I have a quick question for you.

I have just hand in my notice to upc of my leaving their service, and here's my question- what is the next best provider for internet in this great land of ours.

thank for any replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Unfortunately that's like asking who's the best looking member of Lordi. I've had experiences with Perlico and Vodafone and I have to say the least worst is Eircom. Hopefully Virgin will make inroads to the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

iMax wrote: »
    My connection since Vodafone took over BT has been horrible. I lose connection at least once a month, I have woefull speeds & it's just a brutal service. I've been told that UPC will be in my area soon, but no sign yet.

I'm in the exact same situation. I have been with IOL, Esat, BT and now Vodafone. I have the 7.6Mbit connection and never once in all these years had any hastle until it changed to Vodafone. As you can see at the moment it is 2.62 MBit but has gone as low as 300 Kbit yesterday. I am counting the minutes until Monday so I can call them and lose it. Also I never had a problem with contention until Vodafone. Now it takes ages to connect to a site and at certain times of the day its nearly unusable, its next to impossible to watch video online without it pausing every 2 seconds. I am even thinking of changing to Eircom which is my only real option which I would never have considered in a million years until now.
    I also have a HSDPA Dongle with O2 that I use when out and about and the connection is way better than what I have been getting with Vodafone.

764191703.png

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

thanks people,

I was looking into getting a dongle, and was told that 3 are one of the best. but don't know if that will work with my ps3?

any ideas

Rdgs

• Advertisement

thanks people,

I was looking into getting a dongle, and was told that 3 are one of the best. but don't know if that will work with my ps3?

any ideas

Rdgs
    I had a horrible experience with 3, not just technical but customer service as well. My brother has a VF dongle and he swears by it. VF landline service leaves a lot to be desired but they know their stuff when it comes to mobile services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

DanGlee wrote: »
    WOW 1.44MB!!!! I'd have been delighted with that on AlphaWave, however was lucky to get near 1mb most of the time!!!

There are seriously some brutal services out there. I wonder if / when Ireland will get 4G / WiMax, that should sort out some of these terrible services!

Imagine have wimax out already but a lot of bad reports about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Trialled wimax DanGlee. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

meteor bband
    762020214.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

and three

764752935.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's like asking who's the best looking member of Lordi. I've had experiences with Perlico and Vodafone and I have to say the least worst is Eircom. Hopefully Virgin will make inroads to the market.

Virgin aren't operating in Ireland. I presume you mean UPC (Chorus ntl)?

Ok I must have got the wrong information. I was under the impression they were looking to enter the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

UPC, Carlow :D
    765350618.png

Eircom in Ennis but I suspect I might have a fault on the line. I'd appreciate some feedback on this.
    765354251.png

Advertisement