Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unregggged Posting for tLL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

@Windsock
    Yup totally agree, I'd be embarrassed myself to ask about some stuff like smears etc even though I shouldn't!
    I have zero tolerance for people using the Unreg facility to troll or get at other posters and will ban the registered account for it, have banned some permanently depending on the offence
    Agreed, that's the good thing about having pre mod.
    Some will slip through the cracks as the Unreg posts can be seen out of context if not being approved on thread but there is a good bunch of Mods in TLL and they will sort it out
    again, I'll agree it does happen, I've let posts through in AW that have caused issue because I might not have read it the way it seems etc. But in general with vigilant mods that type of muppetry could be kept out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

It happens in PI a bit, it is usually easy enough to spot if you ahve been following a thread

I have zero tolerance for people using the Unreg facility to troll or get at other posters and will ban the registered account for it, have banned some permanently depending on the offence

The Unreg posts are pre modded, they ahve to be approved by the Mods before they appear on the forum, it certainly helps cut down on muppetry even if it delays the post a while

Some will slip through the cracks as the Unreg posts can be seen out of context if not being approved on thread but there is a good bunch of Mods in TLL and they will sort it out

I wasnt aware that this could be done, thats definitely a good ability to be able to have and its reassuring that even if people try to hide behind a anon post to have a go at someone that there is still accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Can you see the anon posters regular account when waiting for approval? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

WindSock wrote: »
    Can you see the anon posters regular account when waiting for approval? :confused:
    As far as i know the ip's can be checked? Which, if is true then anyone acting the wally should get punished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I wasnt aware that this could be done, thats definitely a good ability to be able to have and its reassuring that even if people try to hide behind a anon post to have a go at someone that there is still accountability.

You can't actually see the registered account when approving a post, you only see the name the user has chosen to use for that post, we don't need to see registered accounts unless we suspect something

However if you suspect the poster is trolling you can check the post number and see if it matches back to any registered accounts

we respect the anonimity of the Unreg facility and only use this if there is an issue with a post or a pattern of trolling

People can be assured that their wish to be anonymous will be respected unless we have reason to suspect something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

So basically we need to adopt what I'd call "The childline protocol."

Say we get an issue that seems genuine but we suspect after a few posts it's a troll. We'll obviously have to reply to it in a serious manner rather than screaming "Troll, the troll is obvious."

Just as childline wont hang up the phone if they come to realise it's just some silly feckers wasting their time. They have to keep on the phone 'til they are either 100% certain it's a prank call, 100% certain the person on the other end of the phone is in no danger or if the person hangs up.

If we suspect someone is wasting time and turns out to be a troll then simple procedure, report, it gets flagged for the mod, IP is checked bringing up registered account, mod then contacts registered account to see if they're being serious or trolling. If it turns out they were trolling and acting a maggot I say a hard punishment should be in order. A fierce ban. Also publicise the ban to name and shame them. I'm pretty sure they'd think twice about trolling again and also, fellow boardsies will be able to see that user in their true light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What you have outlined above is the policy in PI/RI

Dam I'm good. :cool:

Intertwining those steps to TLL seems like the way to go if unreg posting is approved.

Obviously you're not going to get a PI or RI issue in TLL but, you can still get attention seeking trolls wasting peoples time.

If a thread is too serious for TLL does it be approved and then moved or moved and then approved?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Bonito wrote: »
    Dam I'm good. :cool:

Intertwining those steps to TLL seems like the way to go if unreg posting is approved.

Obviously you're not going to get a PI or RI issue in TLL but, you can still get attention seeking trolls wasting peoples time.

If a thread is too serious for TLL does it be approved and then moved or moved and then approved?

Either or.

Would it be possible to have some sort of limbo sub-forum between PI, RI and TLL for posters who really aren't sure where to post? Then whoever mods that limbo sub-forum can choose where to send the thread?

• Advertisement

What's with all this messiness? Can't we just have it like The Gentlemen’s Club, please?

Bonito wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have some sort of limbo sub-forum between PI, RI and TLL for posters who really aren't sure where to post? Then whoever mods that limbo sub-forum can choose where to send the thread?

That is adding unnecessary complication imo

people can make their best guess and if a mod doesn't think it is the right fit they can move

an extra sub forum would creat more confusion and extra work

I hate bumping threads, but has anymore thought gone into this?

Kiera wrote: »
    I hate bumping threads, but has anymore thought gone into this?

I was wondering about this too

I guess The Ladies lounge Mods will have to run this past the CMods/Admins to get the go ahead

I don't see any reason it wont go ahead provided the Mods agree with it and want it which it seems they do

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

How many 'g's are there in unreged anyway? I mean unregistered is one g. The thread title is 4g. It looks right with 2g and I can't get any 3G reception at all.

That's like asking how many g-strings are there in TLL. Nobody knows. :cool:

Any word on this?

Any word on this?
    Well a bird, bird, bird is the word. I said a bird bird bird, bird is the word! :D

Derrick had the last word. Werd.

We are waiting til we have a full mod team back before we trial this.

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    We are waiting til we have a full mod team back before we trial this.
    Excellent. Do you know when this will be? Its just, this thread has been around for quite a while now.

I don't, sorry. Hopefully soon.

Advertisement