Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some funny'ness

• 28-03-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Two things I've posted up on my facebook page the past few days
    We're all pretty tired of being asked to shoot on spec, shoot for a low fee with the promise of more work, and that sort of nonsense. These two ads appeared on the Seattle Craigslist over the past two days. I think you'll enjoy reading...

Need Photographer (originally posted March 10th)

We are a 5 person construction company and need to update our website and brochure with NEW images of our staff. We would like to give an opportunity to the right photographer to take our company images. Ideally we need a formal and an informal picture, also a landscape shot of our company vehicle. Basically these pictures will help us get off the ground and renovate our website.

If you do a good enough job on our company portraits then you will ideally be awarded a future PAID contract to take pictures of our job sites (once we get a job!). We will want to have the rights to be able to use the photos on our website and brochure/print media. You will get a boost to your portfolio!

Experience in corporate photography along with a portfolio is a MUST or your email will be disregarded. We are looking at scheduling the shoot within the next week so be prepared to move fast!

And then a clever photographer posted the following:

Need Construction Crew (originally posted March 12th)

We are a 5 person photography company and need to update our photography studio and shooting space with NEW office spaces for our staff. We would like to give an opportunity to the right construction crew to build our new company digs. Ideally we need a formal and an informal working space, also a landscape crew for our out side shooting area. Basically these structures will help us get off the ground and renovate our old space.

If you do a good enough job on our company building then you will ideally be awarded a future PAID contract to build structures of our photography clients (once we get a job!). We will want to have the rights to be able to exploit you as we see fit just for credit and a great job! You will get a boost to your structure building skills!

Experience in corporate building along with a portfolio is a MUST or your email will be disregarded, after all beggars can be choosers. We are looking at scheduling the construction within the next week so be prepared to move fast!
    Originally posted here

Bah, just checked and it seems the video I posted up has been blocked in Ireland because it's a Channel 4 thing. If your up north/UK you can view it here.

Thought you guys might like them :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Saw this on facebook and thought it was hillarious. Nice find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

nice reply... wonder if the construction crowd seen the funny side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

very good. What was on the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Give me a name for the video and I'll look for a rip. In the meanwhile, time for me to load up an English proxy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Proxy servers never work well for me - they always slow everything to a crawl. Gimme a link to a good one if you find one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

just wondering how you done that facebook page the way you did it looks really cool i was looking to do something like that to promote myself thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

sikahunter wrote: »
    just wondering how you done that facebook page the way you did it looks really cool i was looking to do something like that to promote myself thank you

You can use FBML and then code it using Xthml + css :)

kjt wrote: »
    You can use FBML and then code it using Xthml + css :)

i have no idea what you just said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Google FBML... once you have that installed you have to design it like you would a website... using programming languages such as css/html...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I'll do it for you for FREE... If you promise to pay me the next time you need to be promoted. :D

• Advertisement

oshead wrote: »
    I'll do it for you for FREE... If you promise to pay me the next time you need to be promoted. :D

how do we go about this then thank you kindly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Just follow this link and all will become clear. :)

lol think il leave it out to much for my little head i like the lay out of kjt welcome page

Advertisement