Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridgend!

Options
  • 28-03-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Anyone know whats happening in Bridgend tonight? I was coming out of Derry and the road is closed from the new roundabout in Derry (at the three flowers) right down to Burt. Re-directed through burnfoot and there are a few ambulances and fire engines waiting at the side of the road. And yes, I did ask the Guard what was going on, he wouldn't tell me :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

The N13 road in Co Donegal has been closed due to a security alert near Burnfoot.
    The border crossings between north and south in the Buncrana and Letterkenny areas are closed.
    The alert follows the hijacking of a white Transit van by four masked men on the Coshquin Road in Derry at around 7.30pm this evening.
    The van was subsequently abandoned near Burnfoot.
    The scene has been cordoned off, a number of buildings have been evacuated and the assistance of an army bomb disposal team has been requested.
    Motorists are being advised to divert via the Bridgend/Muff Road (R239

From RTE site.

Advertisement