Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost my laptop on Dublin Bus - lost propety?

• 28-03-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Does anyone know where they "dublin bus lost propety" office/place is??? Had any items returned/found???

I forgot my laptop in one of the buses (77) while comming to city...last thursday night around 7.30pm...and i havent found it yet...i realised it only after 15 mins after i had got off the bus...i was with a frnd of mine and i had two carrier bags with me...we were chatting and jst took those bags and got down frm the bus...when i realised i had forgetten my laptop i ranged the ringsend garage as for all 77 that is the last stop...the lady who answered, told me that they found nothing...she asked me if i had a ticket..i told her i used the 90min card... she told me that the drivers had not reported anything...i got over there in half an hour..but they told me they havent had anything...i kept on ringing them every 10 mins hoping to get an answer......i kept on ringing up until 12.30am...but nothing.

I rang them again on friday...hoping they might had something...but there was none....they guy who answered told me they normally all things found on bus are sent to the lost property office after 24hrs...i rang them but they didnt have it yet...told me to ring after 2pm..which i did but they had nothing...they remain closed for the weekend...i was just hoping to drop down at the place and check myself..

I knw the chances are more that i wont find it, as there are 2-3 stops in between pearse st(where i got off) and ringsend and chances are more that someone got into the bus and took the laptop with them...

There was maybe one or two on the lower deck but none on the top deck by the time we got off the bus at pearse st..we were on the top deck..thats the reason i was hoping the driver could have found it...jst in case....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Lost property office is directly behind Clery's department store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 donkk

Thanks Victor.....appreciate your help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 josephgriffin

Im sorry to sound bad but lost laptop and a 77 bus = no hope in getting it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

Im sorry to sound bad but lost laptop and a 77 bus = no hope in getting it back!

Sorry about the lost laptop, and I hope this isn't callous, but how did you lose the 77 bus?;)

Edit: Bugger just re-read OP and your comment makes total sense, while my pun is awful. Apologies all.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

OP did you have any luck getting the laptop back?
    Heard them calling out on the radio looking for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement