Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appliances for Kitchen Wanted

Options
  • 28-03-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

Having a new kitchen fitted in a week or two and I'm looking for some new applicances.

Stainless Steel built in oven, Gas hob, S/Steel hood and an integrated slimline dishwasher.

I've been around sligo and up to currys and tbh, they're not much cop. Colemans did have some, but not great.
    I've heard that there's a place on the killybegs road just outisde of Donegal, but I'm not too sure. Can anyone recommend anywhere not ott expensive with a good range and reliable? I'd like to keep the cash local if possible

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Head into Taheny's,worked there myself. The lads are always helpful and will give you a good run through of the products and try and fit your needs to suit you. Will always look after you in cases of after sales too,even if gaurantees are up,which wouldnt be done in chain stores or maybe difficult if communicating with people as far away as Killybegs.
    Would you need the items in the next week or so? If you would you would need to be ordering that slimline one,not many places would hold too many in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I worked in McDonaghs years ago myself for a bit, they are open again down by the Ship Inn so well worth a try, those slimline dishwashers are going to be more expensive than the norm so be prerpared for that, again everything can be ordered usually.

We had someone come in witha year old tv there a few months ago that they had bought in McDonaghs. They had closed and since reopened since he bought it. He went back to them and they basically told them that they would do nothing at all for him since it's a 'new company'. He isn't the only person we helped out when they sent their customers away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'd second Taheny's for the after service alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

greetings wrote: »
    We had someone come in witha year old tv there a few months ago that they had bought in McDonaghs. They had closed and since reopened since he bought it. He went back to them and they basically told them that they would do nothing at all for him since it's a 'new company'.

I'd a similar problem with them too.

• Advertisement

Sid you get on alright fingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

greetings wrote: »
    Sid you get on alright fingers?

Jury is still out. I can get one in Currys home delivery for €240, but the reviews moan about the dinner plates. Tahenys will do one for €359 for me and it'll take a few days to come in. Its €110 in the difference like, a big difference..

Not sure what to do at all.

I take it that's the integrated dishwasher.
    What are the 2 you were quoted?

Advertisement