Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliances in Donegal

Options
  • 28-03-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

Having a new kitchen fitted in a week or two and I'm looking for some new applicances.

Stainless Steel built in oven, Gas hob, S/Steel hood and an integrated slimline dishwasher.

I've heard that there's a place on the killybegs road just outisde of Donegal, but I'm not too sure. Can anyone recommend anywhere not ott expensive with a good range and reliable? I'd like to keep the cash local if possible?

I'm from Sligo but I don't mind the trip if the value is there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I would recommend Ben Sweeneys in Letterkenny. Its on the left just before the roundabout at the Tesco/Penneys shopping centre. Great discounts and nice to deal with.

The place you speak of on the Killybegs Rd wouldn't offer much discounts. But if you are going to make the trip to Letterkenny you might as well scoot over to it and at least then you can do a price comparison. It would only be about 1.5 miles out of your way.

Happy shopping! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It would only be about 1.5 miles out of your way.
    Eh? :confused:

1.5 from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

From the Ballybofey Road roundabout on the bypass? About 2.5 miles if it's McGroarty's you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Funny that Ben Sweeney in Letterkenny was mentioned. I was going to recommend Ben Sweeney in Dungloe (no, I'm not from Dungloe, and I don't work there, either.)
    It's a bit of a journey from Ballybofey, but you could always phone if you have a particular model in mind, and see what they quote you.

I bought a washing machine there last year, and I was really impressed with the service and the price. They really tried to find out exactly what I wanted (and succeeded), and the price was very good, compared to what I could find elsewhere. I also got a discount for paying cash.

That's my first stop for my next electrical appliance!
    Good luck with your shopping.

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I fitted my new house just over three years ago, i priced a few people for everything i wanted.
    Callaghans of Burt were almost €1000 cheaper than my next best quote.
    The were cheaper for every singe item i wanted except the fridge freezer,
    this was probably because i wanted a certain brand and they didn't stock it but could get it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Two more to add to the mix. Try Reynolds in Raphoe and although not in Donegal, DAC (Domestic Appliance Centre) in Omagh.

Advertisement