Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night clubs/spots amsterdam??

Options
  • 29-03-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know the location of a good night club in/around Amsterdam, or yeah, one of the near by cities or something??

The dutch seem pretty into their hardcore dance music so I guess there's bound to be a few places but just being there it seems to be more pubs and cafe's?

Just looking for a good night spot, good music to dance to, good nightclub atmosphere - the kind you might get at CP's or Cuba in Galway or Redbox in Dublin, something along those lines?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i'm living in amsterdam and i go out drinking/clubbing quiet alot
    if you tell me what you're looking for in a nightout i can probably tell you specific places... whether its just to have a good night out with friends with nice music, or to go and meet some nice girls or to meet new people or even places to meet other expats..

studio 80 , techno/house - my favorite by far
    trouw , dance music
    melkweg , all genres, its a huge venue, on saturday nights they have 3 rooms open with 3 genres
    paradiso , all genres, alot of concerts too, nice venue
    sugarfactory , house music/jazz/other dance etc
    panama , rmb/hip hop usually
    escape, dance music, mainly house
    powerzone - hip hop/other genres sometimes

then there is 100's of cheesey clubs that fit 100-500 people in, they play what they play in typical irish nightclubs, a bit of pop music, some dance, some hip hop, some rmb etc, but it does attract the girls, thats for sure!
    they are located all around rembrantplein and leidsplein which are the main nightlife areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Jake LeMotta

i'm living in amsterdam and i go out drinking/clubbing quiet alot
    if you tell me what you're looking for in a nightout i can probably tell you specific places... whether its just to have a good night out with friends with nice music, or to go and meet some nice girls or to meet new people or even places to meet other expats..

studio 80 , techno/house - my favorite by far
    trouw , dance music
    melkweg , all genres, its a huge venue, on saturday nights they have 3 rooms open with 3 genres
    paradiso , all genres, alot of concerts too, nice venue
    sugarfactory , house music/jazz/other dance etc
    panama , rmb/hip hop usually
    escape, dance music, mainly house
    powerzone - hip hop/other genres sometimes

then there is 100's of cheesey clubs that fit 100-500 people in, they play what they play in typical irish nightclubs, a bit of pop music, some dance, some hip hop, some rmb etc, but it does attract the girls, thats for sure!
    they are located all around rembrantplein and leidsplein which are the main nightlife areas

Hey bro, yeah mainly what I'm looking for is a club with good music and nice girls tbh.
    Kind of music; you know the radio station Fresh FM or Daisy Bell, I think they're the same thing, but a club that plays something like that.
    Either that or a hardcore R&B type of place. That sort of includes everywhere but them type of places usually have a mix of everything, pop etc. Just straight R&B or that hardcore dutch dance music.

And yeah, nice girls, a good dancefloor, that's about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

hah, fresh fm is alright on thurs-fri-sat nights from 9 pm until late thats all! daisy bell? you mean decibel , lol.... for r&b its rain/prime/nastys/smokeys but there is always more guys than girls for sure. but bubbles near leidsplein is r&b but lots of easy and hot girls, or try studio 80/paradiso/melkweg/sugarfactory on any wed/thurs/fri/sat/sunday night and you'll love it! , let me know how you get on, you nevr know, you might bump into me in one of these places! they are my local clubs tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Jake LeMotta

hah, fresh fm is alright on thurs-fri-sat nights from 9 pm until late thats all! daisy bell? you mean decibel , lol.... for r&b its rain/prime/nastys/smokeys but there is always more guys than girls for sure. but bubbles near leidsplein is r&b but lots of easy and hot girls, or try studio 80/paradiso/melkweg/sugarfactory on any wed/thurs/fri/sat/sunday night and you'll love it! , let me know how you get on, you nevr know, you might bump into me in one of these places! they are my local clubs tbh.

Hey bro. Finally checked out a few of them nightspots.
    Just some of the bars around Leidsplein. There pretty cool but yeah, nightclub is where it's at I guess - girl wise :D

I didn't realize they're so pricey. Like fifteen euro. That's like a days wages for me (my job sucks).
    Some bloke was on about membership and cheaper entry - you wouldn't know anything about that per chance?

Advertisement