Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse Road!

Options
  • 29-03-2010 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Following on from the Bridgend incident,the Gardai and Fire Brigade have the Pearse Road closed and are everywhere about the place. Might be linked with the earlier incident.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Why would they close the Pearse Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It could be related,Gardai,Fire Brigade and Ambulances are about the community centre,same about Bridgend.

Its a bit of a coincidence I would think.......Theres no fire to be seen either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It could be related,Gardai,Fire Brigade and Ambulances are about the community centre,same about Bridgend.

Its a bit of a coincidence I would think.......Theres no fire to be seen either.

Nothing on any news reports /websites about letterkenny being sealed off anyways:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Well there was a suspicious package found in Yutopia this morning or so i hear.

A sex bomb you could say :)

and no i don't mean myself ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

This whole attack on legal highs etc is getting a bit outrageous tbh.

They are legal substances, much like cigarettes, alcohol etc, yet business owners are suffering big time recently.

No I don't take legal highs, nor have I ever, I just find it a bit OTT.
    How many people die from drink or cigs a year?

Most people will probably just turn to the real stuff anyway if/when they are made illegal. I know a few people who take them and they have told me they would do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

improvised device

wonder was it a "viable" device, rather than just a mock-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/03/30/raad-admit-placing-letterkenny-device/

LOL :) Someone's profits getting hit from the legal trade? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Seems the people who set the device got their wish .... i see the shutters are down and the sign above the shop is down and a To let sign stuck to the shutters there today when i passed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Seems the people who set the device got their wish .... i see the shutters are down and the sign above the shop is down and a To let sign stuck to the shutters there today when i passed

Are you serious??? :mad:

That is a load of crap. If they take a notion to not liking a certain pub now sure all the have to do is leave a device outside of it. What is some drunk lad/lady happened to stumble into it while walking to those flats?

Cowards, can't stand out with protest signs and be seen but can leave a fooking bomb. Makes my blood boil.

Those "legal" highs are going to be made illegal anyway in few weeks time. Doesn't matter what anyone does. There will always be new legal designer drugs coming out. If people wish to take them then it's their own personal and private business.

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

What a joke if thats true, what's their logic in these protests?

They have no problems in trying to blow up a building, causing a major risk to the public yet they're so strongly against people having the free choice to buy a few relatively harmless drugs that they go to such extreme lengths..

Its become a big cliché but why no protests outside pubs? The amount of damage head shops do is totally dismissable in comparison to pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's another thread on this topic so I will lock this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement