Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe on goals on sunday

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Anyone see Jermain on goals on sunday on sky sports?. came across as a decent lad and actually seemed a little uneasy sitting on the couch yappin to the lads!. More importantly , says he was ready to play against pompey but Harry didnt want to risk him and is good to go against sunderland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah ,seems genuine enough going by that. he is cocky though but thats good in a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He is a cocky guy but like mickman said I think you have to be.

Look at robbie keane and you can see the effect confidence can have on a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

mickman wrote: »
    yeah ,seems genuine enough going by that. he is cocky though but thats good in a striker

Good goal scoring record, surprised the likes of Arsenal, Manutd or Liverpool have never tried to sign him.

Crouch was ment to join him but was a no show, not sure why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Vanbis wrote: »
    Good goal scoring record, surprised the likes of Arsenal, Manutd or Liverpool have never tried to sign him.

Crouch was ment to join him but was a no show, not sure why.

he was prob sick after all the porter on sat night :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wasn't he a mini-criminal of some sort as a young lad?
    Nearly sure I read/saw and interview where he said he would have been the same as his brother, if it hadn't been for football, and you'd need a certain level of cockiness for being a criminal.

Not taking a dig at him here, if that's what it seems like, I actually like Defoe.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not sure tbh,

It doesn't ring a bell but you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

mickman wrote: »
    he was prob sick after all the porter on sat night :-)

Does he drink? Not sure if he does.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Wasn't he a mini-criminal of some sort as a young lad?
    Nearly sure I read/saw and interview where he said he would have been the same as his brother, if it hadn't been for football, and you'd need a certain level of cockiness for being a criminal.

Not taking a dig at him here, if that's what it seems like, I actually like Defoe.:)

I read that somewhere about Lennon.

ruiseal wrote: »
    Does he drink? Not sure if he does.

Sorry, you were talking about Crouch. Defoe doesn't drink.

Advertisement