Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best coverage foundation!

• 29-03-2010 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hey girlies,

I have rosacea and for my own insecurities i wouldnt open the friont door without foundation on! My cheeks and nose are bright red. I came on here as i'm looking for your opinons on the best coverage foundation out there thats long lasting.

I am looking forward to your replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

ballygowan wrote: »
    hey girlies,

I have rosacea and for my own insecurities i wouldnt open the friont door without foundation on! My cheeks and nose are bright red. I came on here as i'm looking for your opinons on the best coverage foundation out there thats long lasting.

I am looking forward to your replies!

Hey

Mac Studio Fix has really good coverage, and so does the NARS range. You could use MAC concealer underneath also, it covers everything!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The most camouflaging foundation is vichy dermablend - it's only available at chemists afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

My mam has this too and uses a powder from Clinique - its yellow in colour but in a green tub. It gets rid of all the redness and then she uses the foundation to match it or she just uses the powder for work.

She swears by it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I use Smashbox's colour correcting primer (the one in the green bottle) under my foundation to counteract redness. It has the added bonus of making my foundation last longer, but I'm not sure how well it would work for rosacea- the smashbox counter workers are usually pretty nice about giving out samples so it could be worth a look anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Xiney wrote: »
    The most camouflaging foundation is vichy dermablend - it's only available at chemists afaik.

Yeah Vichy Dermablend is made for your kind of problem ballygowan. It's for covering scars, tattoos, redness etc. Long lasting and has 25% more pigmentation coverage than most foundations. It's around €20 in Chemists.

www.dermablend.ie if you want to check out their products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

G86 wrote: »
    Hey

Mac Studio Fix has really good coverage, and so does the NARS range. You could use MAC concealer underneath also, it covers everything!:)

+1 for Mac Studio Fix.

I use it with a primer and it lasts most of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I have a huge mix of foundations but I have to say the best coverage is with Rimmel Lasting Finish (Mineral Enriched).

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I think Estee Lauder Double wear is brilliant, leaves your skin looking flawless and imo not as caked as other products...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

+2 for Mac Studio Fix... Except some would say it's what drag queens would wear which I think is a bit much but yeah this stuff has amazing coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rachrua

Hey
    I'm a make up artist and i would definately recommend estee lauder double wear personally, most make up artists i know wear it because it has really great coverage and lasts the longest. i found the MAC studio fix foundation to be very heavy and cakey, i love MAC stuff in general but i wouldn't use their foundations. But i would suggest as the other girls mentioned, getting a primer to combat the redness under the foundation, usually a green primer is used to counteract the red but it can appear ashy looking, maybe try a yellow based one to, to see what you think. You should go in to one of the big department stores like BTs and get advice from the girls in there, they will try to sell you their products but get samples to take home and try first to find out what works for you the best, otherwise you'll end up spending a fortune and products you might not use. hope this helps.
    Rachel

• Advertisement

OT I know but la roche posay do a great range range for combating rosacea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm throwing in another vote for Mac Studio Fix :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Mac Studio Fix is great, I've used it myself in the past but I know a lot of make up can irritate people with Rosacea. At least with Dermablend it's made for people who have Rosacea amongst other things.

Advertisement