Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kilkenny clinic

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Anyone here attending Kilkenny Clinic?

We have been referred and just wondering what others experiences are.

this whole fertility issue is a lonely road:)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I went there for a different gynae purpose and I can't praise it enough. The doctor changed my life actually, I'll always be greatful after all the years of misdiagnosis she had me effectively cured in 2 visits.

The whole setup down there is great and the staff are wonderful. They have a big huge board in the waiting area with loads of photos of the babies they helped bring into the world.

The only thing I will say though was at the time the VHI didn't cover them but this may have changed since.

Good luck OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

thank you DK! no health insurance covers it unfortunately. it is good to hear that you got on well there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there, Have been trying for baby for nearely three years. Attended napro clinic in galway for one year without any success, since jan 2010 we transferred to kilkenny clinic. They move so fast, they might be expensive but they have the best advice. on first ivf treatment, due for egg retrival tomo. very nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Hi
    Best of Luck for today! Hope it all goes well for you.

Let us know how you get on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

hi ppink..
    we attended Kilkenny and found them great as well.. very sensitive and yes, super quick. Which was great!!
    We got pregnant on first round of IVF and now have a 5mth old boy thanks to them.
    Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

anyone attending kilkenny clinic. Been there since Jan, had two failed ivf cycles.heartbreaking. going to try once more in nov, very nervous.anyone else out there going

Hi Mary
    I am attending kilkenny clinic and also due to do icsi in November. So far have found clinic great ( super fast regards treatment) but at least they are pro-active.

Are you doing ivf or icsi? what meds are you starting on??

Hi yes I am attending. 3 failed iui so far and going for ivf before xmas

just finished november cycle now. waiting time now. trasferred two embroyos. on day two. anyone else doing this cycle

hi Mary
    yes I have just done a cycle too and waiting! not too hopeful tbh. when are you due to test?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ivf2010

ppink wrote: »
    Anyone here attending Kilkenny Clinic?

We have been referred and just wondering what others experiences are.

this whole fertility issue is a lonely road:)

We have undergone ivf in 2010 and we were lucky enough to have twin girls on our first attempt. The staff in Kilkenny are extremely nice and professional. All the best and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

If anyone is interested in an alternative, I recently attended the new Gynae/Fertility clinic in the NewPark.

I attended Dr. Talat Ara there & found her excellent.
    She explained things in a lot more detail than other medical professionals I had attended had done & helped me chart my cycle.

The good thing as well is that compared to local fertility clinics where initial consultation is normally €150-200, they charge €75 per consultation instead.
    I found it excellent value for money & it gave me peace of mind also.

Good look to all on the ttc journey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellie ivory

I tried na pro with dr phill boyle in Galway, yea its great to know how your body works, and when you are ovulating etc. But it was a waste of money for me as i need the ivf etc. also accupuncture is great for relaxing you.
    good luck every one and keep the chin up. we will get there.:):):):):):):)

also if anyone living in kilkenny and wants to meet up for a coffee in mac donagh junction, i would love to meet up and chat to ye , as its such a lonely road.

Hi all I am attending the kilkenny clinic after two failed iui's and am now on my first (and hopefully last) ivf cycle. Everything looks good so far. The girls there are very nice and treatment is very quick

Advertisement