Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best shops for long formal dresses...

• 29-03-2010 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

I need to get a long dress for a black-tie event.
    Can anyone recommend any good shops, in or around Dublin, and also up North.
    If the savings are worth it, I'll travel up to Belfast, Lisburn etc. to buy one.
    Can anyone recommend any shops?

I have tried to usual "wedding" dress shops, like Coast and Debenhams, but couldn't find anything.

I am looking for one that is quite structured, i.e. it will hold in any flabby bits a wee bit.
    Also, I am just under 6ft, and love my high shoes, so it would have to be quite long!

Any shop suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

have you tried monsoon? or house of frasier in dundrum has a section of evening dresses but theyre a bit hit & miss, have never seen anything stunning in there. another possibility if youre in dundrum might be fran&jane? they have a shop in blackrock roo. have sometimes seen some lovely things in the window, but also some incredibly tacky looking things, might be worth a look though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

There's a gorgeous dress shop in Drumcondra, cant think of the name for the life of me but its on North Circular Road junction.

Very helpful and such a variety of dresses, you're bound to find something you like! Prices are fairly decent too. I bought a dress there in November and they did all my alterations for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1

The shop on the junction of Dorset Street and North Circular has lovely dresses. Cant for the life of me remember the same, frills or something?

Anyway, they've lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

dlambirl wrote: »
    +1

The shop on the junction of Dorset Street and North Circular has lovely dresses. Cant for the life of me remember the same, frills or something?

Anyway, they've lovely stuff.

Wicked Frills was the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Doooo

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Is the Dorset St. one called Wicked Frills?

I've searched the internet, looking for "dress shop Dorset St" etc, and that's the only result that looks promising! :)
    I can't find an actual official website for them though which is a shame.
    I'll definitely check it out this week though :)

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Wicked frills thats the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

Doooo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

Is the Dorset St. one called Wicked Frills?

I've searched the internet, looking for "dress shop Dorset St" etc, and that's the only result that looks promising! :)
    I can't find an actual official website for them though which is a shame.
    I'll definitely check it out this week though :)

Thanks!

i had awful trouble with them over a dress before :(

Advertisement