Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane to be sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

kryogen wrote: »
    He is doing a good job at Ipswich, he has turned them around now and they are in a pretty comfortable position, they are like 9-10 points above the relegation zone and 11 points off promotion

the story is only in the news cause of Tony Mowbray getting sacked

still showing promise as a young manager, hope he does succeed
    what a load of ****e gets talked on here

Yup. People should go and check out where Ipswich would be in the Championship if games ended after 80 mins.

They had a nightmare start, suffered their fair share of bad luck, and he has battled away and kept the club safe when they were essentially fighting relegation for long stretches.

People go on like Keane is Ossie Ardilles or something (i.e. mega incompetent). It simply isn't true.

1257.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Saying that, I really don't rate him as a manager. There seems to be a disproportionately large number of United fans defending him too. Wonder what is going on there....

As opposed to the disproportionately large number of Liverpool fans attacking him and saying he's rubbish? I wonder what that's all about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Keane's slowely turned things around at Ipswich, to be honest if he wants to stay in football he needs to be a number 2 to an experienced manager to learn the ropes for a while.
    his current mgt technique needs a fair bit of fine tuning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Iago wrote: »
    As opposed to the disproportionately large number of Liverpool fans attacking him and saying he's rubbish? I wonder what that's all about...

Saying that that is the case doesn't make it so unfortunately. Unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yup. People should go and check out where Ipswich would be in the Championship if games ended after 80 mins.

They had a nightmare start, suffered their fair share of bad luck, and he has battled away and kept the club safe when they were essentially fighting relegation for long stretches.

People go on like Keane is Ossie Ardilles or something (i.e. mega incompetent). It simply isn't true.

1257.jpg

Fantastic argument put forward there. :rolleyes: To win a football game you have to do the business for the duration of the game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What on earth would be the point of that? Should people check out where Ipswich would be in the Championship if matches were played with suits of armour and bunny slippers as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Being one of the few Ipswich fans on Boards this is obviously a big story for me.

We're not doing well this season and it's fair to say that if games ended after 8- mins that we'd be higher up the table. But games don't end after 80 minutes and to be honest when we draw/lose games with such regularity at the end of games that it is poor coaching that is costing us matches.

Keano isolated the dressing room, like he did in Sunderland, and didn't change his approach to management when he came to us-he still thinks f'ing and blinding is the only way to motivate players. I've defended him quite alot in his near one year in charge but I have to admit I'm getting fed up of seeing us throw away leads and making sloppy mistakes in games. I'd be suprised to see him sacked to be honest, but mostly because it would cost us two million quid.

We have the players to contenders for the playoff-at a minimun- and Keano hasn't been up to task in getting is to challenge in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

His performance as a manager are pretty so so. The problem I have with him is that he just won't keep his head down and get on with it. He keeps bringing the spotlight on himself and his players by picking arguments iand generally being a plank in press conferences.

Jose, while dislikeable, can say what he wants as his record speaks for itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What on earth would be the point of that? Should people check out where Ipswich would be in the Championship if matches were played with suits of armour and bunny slippers as well?

The point is that Keane sets his teams up well, but their own mental fragility and lack of concentration costs them more often than not. He is by no means a complete manager, he has strengths and weaknesses like anyone else and is only learning the ropes at this stage.

His results with both Sunderland & Ipswich point to the fact that he knows what he's doing, while having limitations. He's not a bad manager but he needs time and has to learn as he goes. He would be best served by being a No2 for a few seasons, in order to learn about man-management and some of the softer sides of the game imo, but when you think about it, it's no different to some kid breaking into the first team at 17.

He's raw and has shown some natural talent, but he needs to develop other areas in order to become the complete player. Given another 5-10 years I think Keane will have done that and will be a great manager.

• Advertisement

The point is that Keane sets his teams up well, but their own mental fragility and lack of concentration costs them more often than not. He is by no means a complete manager, he has strengths and weaknesses like anyone else and is only learning the ropes at this stage.

When does the lack of concentration of a team stop being a fault of the players and start to reflect on the managers faults? Keane has been in charge for a year now and has done nothing to ingrain himself with the club and has consistently alienated players at various times through his tenure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I reckon there is a disproportionately large number of Irish fans attacking him and saying he's rubbish.

I was hoping Ipswich would get to the play-offs final only to get knocked out by a disgraceful double hand ball. Would have loved to have seen Keane's reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

frostie500 wrote: »
    When does the lack of concentration of a team stop being a fault of the players and start to reflect on the managers faults?

Never.

Blaming an individual's concentration on a third party is retarded imo.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Never.

How is retarded? It's only since Keane took over that we started losing/drawing as many games with mistakes at the end of matches. That comes from inadequacies on the training pitch and that is the fault of the manager

Never.

What about the fact that Ipswich are under performing and a nowhere near what was expected of them. Do you think that is the fault of all the lapses in concentration of the players throughout the season too?

You can make that argument with every team who is doing poorly. Blame West Ham's poor performances on individuals who make mistakes at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

How is retarded? It's only since Keane took over that we started losing/drawing as many games with mistakes at the end of matches. That comes from inadequacies on the training pitch and that is the fault of the manager

You can forgive one or two mistakes from players but if it keeps happening then clearly something is wrong. Its down to the manger to fix or address these issues. Maybe some of the players just simply are not good enough for Ipswich. I think Roy keane has already proven he is good enough for Championship, just needs more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They should really check out Saint Rafas early managerial career.

Turns out the 2nd coming wasn't too shít hot when he started either.

Boggles wrote: »
    They should really check out Saint Rafas early managerial career.

Turns out the 2nd coming wasn't too shít hot when he started either.

Let's not derail the thread ok.

magma69 wrote: »
    Let's not derail the thread ok.

It's not derailing anything.

It's underlining how moronic it is to write off any young manager when he starts out.

Vanbis wrote: »
    You can forgive one or two mistakes from players but if it keeps happening then clearly something is wrong. Its down to the manger to fix or address these issues. Maybe some of the players just simply are not good enough for Ipswich. I think Roy keane has already proven he is good enough for Championship, just needs more time.

When the vast majority of the team is the same as it has been for the past few years, where we have been contenders for the championship, I wouldn't say they arent good enough. So I think is fair to apportion some of the blame on Keane. There was definite scope to improve the squad-there's no denying that-but he let Alex Bruce leave on loan when for the last three years he has been a great centre half, Owen Garvan was frozen out for three months at the start of the year and he is one of the best players to come through the academy in years, McCauley was put on the transfer list at the start of the season after falling out with Keane, the list can go on and on and that is the crux of my issues with him.

We have one of the best academies in England and won the FA Youth Cup a few years ago yet precious few of that team are in our first team after Keane let them go or hasn't utilised them

It's not derailing anything.

It's underlining how moronic it is to write off any young manager when he starts out.

The vast majority are not writing him off as a manager. We are just pointing out how he has not been good enough thus far as Ipswich manager. Their current league position backs this up. What's moronic is people who, for whatever reason, can't accept this fact, and it is a fact.

As I said already. I don't think he should be sacked. He deserves another season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i forget, why is it that if Ipswich were such a great team before Keane came, why is it that they havent been promoted in the last few seasons?

the Championship is one of the toughest and closest leagues in europe!

he is building his team there, i think one full season is not too much to ask before people write him off, in fact, i think it should be more time then that but thats irrelevant

Ipswich, if they hadnt conceeded so many late late late goals to draw/lose games would be in a great position in the league, the players switched off and it cost them so many times, this is not his fault, then the players confidence was on the floor, so their run of poor form was partly caused by that imo

the air of expectation and the spiteful desire to see him fail always makes Keane and his actions more interesting to the public

should every manager below the playoff line in the championship be sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

When the vast majority of the team is the same as it has been for the past few years, where we have been contenders for the championship, I wouldn't say they arent good enough. So I think is fair to apportion some of the blame on Keane. There was definite scope to improve the squad-there's no denying that-but he let Alex Bruce leave on loan when for the last three years he has been a great centre half, Owen Garvan was frozen out for three months at the start of the year and he is one of the best players to come through the academy in years, McCauley was put on the transfer list at the start of the season after falling out with Keane, the list can go on and on and that is the crux of my issues with him.

We have one of the best academies in England and won the FA Youth Cup a few years ago yet precious few of that team are in our first team after Keane let them go or hasn't utilised them

Coming from a fan like yourself that doesn't look good for him.

The thing with Keane was his defining characteristics as a player were his ability to lead by example and to play at a level of intensity beyond the vast majority of players.
    These qualities are not transferable when he went into management and he was always going to need to develop new ones. He's got some of the determination that drove SAF to success but he seems to be missing the man management skills which enable him to reach out to players who need that metaphorical arm around them at times when they are not operating to their potential.
    I'm not sure he has the wherewithal to develop this skill.

The vast majority are not writing him off as a manager. We are just pointing out how he has not been good enough thus far as Ipswich manager. Their current league position backs this up. What's moronic is people who, for whatever reason, can't accept this fact, and it is a fact.

There is 7 points seperating 16th and 8th.

I thought we all agreed that judging and sacking managers in this way was both wrong and retarded?

Ipswich, if they hadnt conceeded so many late late late goals to draw/lose games would be in a great position in the league, the players switched off and it cost them so many times, this is not his fault, then the players confidence was on the floor, so their run of poor form was partly caused by that imo

How can you say a team that consistently makes the same mistakes is not the fault of the manager? Ipswich make so many silly mistakes from set pieces and we have conceded goals late in most games this season so that has to reflect negativly on the manager. From being over at games this year it became clear to me that the majority of our fans in Ipswich want him out and at times it seemed like I was a lone voice calling for patience but if you have been in Ipswich or talked to other fans you would know that Keano's position is closing on untenable. I would prefer the fanbase to show some patience with him but it is also hard to ask for patience when it becomes crystal clear that Keane has not learned from his errors in Sunderland

There is 7 points seperating 16th and 8th.
    There is also 5 points between 16th and 21st. What is your point?
    I thought we all agreed that judging and sacking managers in this way was both wrong and retarded?

I must of missed that meeting. In my eyes a manager should be judged on how successful his team does. Will you stop with the "sacking" malarkey. I already said more than once he shouldn't be sacked.

There is also 5 points between 16th and 21st. What is your point?

You just proved my point.

He could finish in the top 10 or he could get them relegated.
    I must of missed that meeting. In my eyes a manager should be judged on how successful his team does.

I'd prefer to judge him at the end of the season, tis not that far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Never.

Who picks these players who can't concetrate for 90 minutes? Niall Quinn? :pac:
    i forget, why is it that if Ipswich were such a great team before Keane came, why is it that they havent been promoted in the last few seasons?

the Championship is one of the toughest and closest leagues in europe!

he is building his team there, i think one full season is not too much to ask before people write him off, in fact, i think it should be more time then that but thats irrelevant

the air of expectation and the spiteful desire to see him fail always makes Keane and his actions more interesting to the public

should every manager below the playoff line in the championship be sacked?

No, but any manager who takes over a team who finished 9th then spends £9m on new players and only to find himself in a relegation battle for the season shouldn't be to surprised if he does get the bullet.

How can you say a team that consistently makes the same mistakes is not the fault of the manager? Ipswich make so many silly mistakes from set pieces and we have conceded goals late in most games this season so that has to reflect negativly on the manager. From being over at games this year it became clear to me that the majority of our fans in Ipswich want him out and at times it seemed like I was a lone voice calling for patience but if you have been in Ipswich or talked to other fans you would know that Keano's position is closing on untenable. I would prefer the fanbase to show some patience with him but it is also hard to ask for patience when it becomes crystal clear that Keane has not learned from his errors in Sunderland

I have talked to Ipswich fans, and I know there is plenty of unrest, but not all Ipswich fans think the same. As i said, i think the expectations were unrealistic at the start of the season, and considering the disasterous start to the season, they have pulled themselves back up the table well. He is still learning as a manager, and I know there have been so many silly mistakes, but to let the players off the hook completely is just nuts!

I think, and would hope he is given till at least christmas to see how things are then, and I know Ipswich fans who also think the same, they consider the start of the season to be a write off basically and that it cant happen again, and as i have already pointed out, with even a few of those draws/losses turned into wins/draws they would be well in the playoff spots in one of the toughest Championship seasons in a long time imo

He has gotten better tactically, he has gotten better in terms of man management (i know there have been plenty of falling outs but he has improved!) and i think if he had managed to get Taylor to come alongside him he would have been in a much better position now. there are things to iron out of course, but he isnt exactly after turning the team into a joke now is he

Patience is a key thing in football, it has been shown over and over again that stability is needed for success at football clubs and sacking Keane at the end of this season would put the next manager in the same spot as he is now, inheriting a team, having to put his own mark on it and needing time

If the club starts sacking managers regularly they will be playing in League 1 or 2 before too long

You just proved my point.

He could finish in the top 10 or he could get them relegated.

I'd prefer to judge him at the end of the season, tis not that far away.

I proved a pointless point :confused: The reason the thread was made was because there were rumours that Keane was getting the boot. We can only judge Keane on what he has done thus far and thus far he is coming 16th with a squad that was expected to challenge for promotion. I'd also prefer to judge him at the end of the season too.

On a side note. Keano rejects sack talk.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6061067,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Listening to Shane Supple on the radio he talked about their being a problems in the dressing room. But more in the fact that some players had bad attitudes and not anything to do with Keane.

Roy Keane has commented on this and said he knows who he does and doesnt want. Only fair that he is given another season to see what happens.

• Advertisement

No, but any manager who takes over a team who finished 9th

He took them over before the end of the season and secured 9th with 2 wins.

No, but any manager who takes over a team who finished 9th then spends £9m on new players and only to find himself in a relegation battle for the season shouldn't be to surprised if he does get the bullet.

bollox, if thats the criteria there would be even more managers sacked every year

the start of the season was very much a freak occurance and is unlikely to happen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Magilton was sacked as Ipswich manager because they failed to make the playoffs. If Ipswich win their last 6 games, they'll have as many points as last season.

Maybe Keane is building a squad and needs more time but, since there hasn't been a notable improvement on last season, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked. I think he should be given another season, if he fails to make the playoffs, then bye bye Roy.

I have talked to Ipswich fans, and I know there is plenty of unrest, but not all Ipswich fans think the same. As i said, i think the expectations were unrealistic at the start of the season, and considering the disasterous start to the season, they have pulled themselves back up the table well. He is still learning as a manager, and I know there have been so many silly mistakes, but to let the players off the hook completely is just nuts!

I think, and would hope he is given till at least christmas to see how things are then, and I know Ipswich fans who also think the same, they consider the start of the season to be a write off basically and that it cant happen again, and as i have already pointed out, with even a few of those draws/losses turned into wins/draws they would be well in the playoff spots in one of the toughest Championship seasons in a long time imo

He has gotten better tactically, he has gotten better in terms of man management (i know there have been plenty of falling outs but he has improved!) and i think if he had managed to get Taylor to come alongside him he would have been in a much better position now. there are things to iron out of course, but he isnt exactly after turning the team into a joke now is he

Patience is a key thing in football, it has been shown over and over again that stability is needed for success at football clubs and sacking Keane at the end of this season would put the next manager in the same spot as he is now, inheriting a team, having to put his own mark on it and needing time

If the club starts sacking managers regularly they will be playing in League 1 or 2 before too long

As I said elsewhere I've been, from what I have found, one of the few fans calling for patience but with the fans in England calling for his head I can't see how he will keep the job for a prolonged period. I wouldn't consider myself to let the players off without blame-they are obviously capable of performing better-but if a team consistently makes the same errors it is the managers job to correct those issues and steady the ship.

I've long held the belief that stability is the key to success but at times you also need to be able to look objectily at a managers performance and Keane has not achieved what he should have up to this point. I would call for patience if not for the fact that I know he hasn't changed his style with man managment. He still thinks of himself as a club captain and not as a manager and that is what leads to him roaring and shouting at all times to the team. If you look at Fergie and Clough Keano should have learned that they were well capable of shouting but they didn't do it 24/7 because it loses it ability to motivate if you do it at all times.

He took them over before the end of the season and secured 9th with 2 wins.

Much of a muchness as, Jason pointed out Jim got the bullet for not getting them to the play-offs or having them compete for play-off places. I don't see what the big surprise is if Keane gets the same treatment.

bollox, if thats the criteria there would be even more managers sacked every year

the start of the season was very much a freak occurance and is unlikely to happen again

lol, what other manager championship has failed to challenge for promotion as was expected as is still in a job? freak occurance, unlikely to happen again? You know this how exactly?

This thread is an extremely succinct representation of much of what is wrong with modern soccer fans.

A manager in the job less than a full season, somewhat underachieving.

The knives come out, get rid of him, he's shít, etc. Success straight away or fcuk him out.

Ye're all depressing tbh.

This thread is an extremely succinct representation of much of what is wrong with modern soccer fans.

A manager in the job less than a full season, somewhat underachieving.

The knives come out, get rid of him, he's shít, etc. Success straight away or fcuk him out.

Ye're all depressing tbh.

somewhat underachieving? He's lucky he lasted this long, a play-off contending team with no wins from 14 matches was definitely fair game for getting sacked.

somewhat underachieving? He's lucky he lasted this long, a play-off contending team with no wins from 14 matches was definitely fair game for getting sacked.

How are they "play-off contending"?

They finished 8 points off it last year with Keane replacing a sacked Magilton for the last number of games.

Where in the world are people getting this idea that they have a divine right to be in the playoffs :confused:

How are they "play-off contending"?

They finished 8 points off it last year with Keane replacing a sacked Magilton for the last number of games.

Where in the world are people getting this idea that they have a divine right to be in the playoffs :confused:

Based of money spend and squad. It was deemed that Ipswich not mounting a good play-off challenge was unacceptable so he Magilton was sacked, Keane has done the same this year so I've no idea why people are surprised or thing it is a horrible decision for Keane to be sacked as well(I suppose all you United fans have your reasons). No is saying they have a divine right to be in the play-offs but they should have at least put in some kind of play-off push which they didn't.

• Advertisement

It was deemed that Ipswich not mounting a good play-off challenge was unacceptable so he Magilton was sacked, Keane has done the same this year so I've no idea why people are surprised or thing it is a horrible decision for Keane to be sacked as well

Of course it's a fcuking horrible decision to sack a manager after less than a season in almost all circumstances.

I thought anybody who knew anything about the game knew that.

Either that's not the case or people turn into complete droolers when trying to discuss personalities they're not fans of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Keane should be kept in the job. He's doing a brilliant job managing at the minute.

Much of a muchness as, Jason pointed out Jim got the bullet for not getting them to the play-offs or having them compete for play-off places. I don't see what the big surprise is if Keane gets the same treatment.

Magilton had 3 years.

Keane has had less than a season.

You do see the difference?

Magilton had 3 years.

Keane has had less than a season.

You do see the difference?

Not really. Magiltons first year was under the older owners so that doesn't count as expectations were different. In his second season he missed out on the play-offs by a point, his 3rd he didn't really challenge so he was sacked. I'm pretty sure if in his 2nd season(1st under the new owners) that if Ipswich didn't challenge for the play-offs as expected he would have been sacked.

kensutz wrote: »
    Keane should be kept in the job. He's doing a brilliant job managing at the minute.

I guess some people have different opinions on what brilliant actually means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I guess some people have different opinions on what brilliant actually means.

Obviously since I'm a Norwich supporter :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

people turn into complete droolers when trying to discuss personalities they're not fans of.

Or maybe people turn into 'complete droolers' when discussing their heroes?

Do you honestly believe that the body of work Keane has shown as manager is good enough that a discussion about his future shouldn't occur? For the entire season we have been in or around the relegation zone and have played crap football, for years most neutrals would love watching us play because of our attacking football and quick passing. That's all gone with Keane in charge, we have a single game plan and if that doesn't work we have to keep using it. That's not the sign of great management and while I would and have pleaded with fans for patience I can completely understand why so many are calling for his head.

It may not be an ideal situation but at times you have to look at the situation and determine if the club would be better to cut their losses and get rid of the manager. That time has come for us and a decision is needed one way or the other. Keane needs to either shape up or ship out. He hasn't done the job effectivly and the time for action is needed, we might be a few points clear of relegation now but it will only take a few bad results and we're right back into it. Action is needed now. If that action is Keane staying great, but he needs to show that he can learn or else it is pointless to keep him in charge

Or maybe people turn into 'complete droolers' when discussing their heroes?

He's not really a hero of mine in any sense tbh, we happen to share a last name.
    Do you honestly believe that the body of work Keane has shown as manager is good enough that a discussion about his future shouldn't occur? For the entire season we have been in or around the relegation zone and have played crap football, for years most neutrals would love watching us play because of our attacking football and quick passing. That's all gone with Keane in charge, we have a single game plan and if that doesn't work we have to keep using it. That's not the sign of great management and while I would and have pleaded with fans for patience I can completely understand why so many are calling for his head.

I honestly believe that it is absolutely ludicrous to consider sacking any manager, except in the most extreme/dire of circumstances, after less than a season at the help.

This does not only apply to Keane, and the fact that this sort of behaviour is so common throught the soccer world is a damning indictment of the intellect and temperament of the typical soccer fan.

Speaking spefically of Keane, he has proven pedigree at this level, having won the division in the recent past.
    It may not be an ideal situation but at times you have to look at the situation and determine if the club would be better to cut their losses and get rid of the manager.

This is sensible.
    That time has come for us and a decision is needed one way or the other.

This, assuming you mean sacking Keane, is not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Keane had a shocking start to the season but things have certaonly been turned around. They are getting results and playing some good football. Would be a strange time of the season to sack someone who is only in the job since the start of the season.
    What good will it do?

This, assuming you mean sacking Keane, is not.

I wasn't advocating sacking Keane, but a decision has to be made and the board needs to do something public to show support for Keane if they believe that he is the man to take the club forward, if they do not have that belief they need to get rid of him.

If Keane showed a sign that he has learned from his past mistakes he would be able to move both himself and the club forward but he has consistently made the same mistakes with us as he did with Sunderland. You can not succeed in football through fear any longer. Players earn too much money to be motivated by a manager spitting flames. That is Keano's only method of encouraging his players and you can't have prolonged success with the mentality that you know everything. He needs to understand that what made him a successful player(his determination and the respect that he got from teammates) counts for absolutely nothing now that he is a manager. His players don't respect him as a former player any longer and the fact that he clearly does not know how to train players is hurting him. When Keane was a player wouldn't tolerate a manager performing in this way so why shouldn't he be held to the standards that he demands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Although sacking Keane now would be pointless and only serve to garner Marcus Evans a bad reputation. Come the end of the season however I think Keane and Ipswich should Mutually Depart ;). Keane isn't a manager who has been blessed with great Transfer Marketing Nouse so giving him money only leads to trouble down the line when his big Signing struggles to come good.

If Ipswich decide to keep Roy for next season they should look to Recruita good new Chief Scout maybe from Arsenal/United/Chelsea who have 12/15 full time scouts and hundreds around the world. Then they should look to a good Coach/Ass.Manager again i'd say try look at a coach from the Top teams in PL. Then Ipswich and Roy could do damage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement