Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a VIP Star Wars experience at Invasion Dublin this weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Luke: You know, I think that the tickets we bought may have been stolen.
    Uncle Owen: What makes you think that?
    Luke: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning them:eek:. The name on them says that they belong to someone named Gonker. I thought he might have meant old Obi-wan-kenobi. Do you know what he's talking about?
    Uncle Owen: Uh-uh.

Anyone who has time to google quotes and change them to suit should definitely be in the running. My nephew...and me would love them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I'd love to go with my son, he only knows Episodes 1-3. He'd be blown away, me too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Because - Save me Boards Free Tickets, you're my only hope. Save me Boards Free Tickets, you're my only hope. Save me Boards Free Tickets, you're my only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Because I remember Star Wars the 1st time around and David Prowse when he was the Green Cross Man before he crossed over to the dark side and became The Dark Lord Darth Vader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I would literally punt a jawa to get those tickets, for you see...i am the star wars kid...

Also its post number 300, does that count for anything?

<---

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I need these tickets to complete the brainwashing of my six year old! And I should really catch up with David Prowse again. I met him in Arnotts when I was but a manchild and he's probably wondering what I've been up to since. We kind of lost touch there for 25 years or so.

And I live near enough not to need the accomodation. Yourself and Mrs.Darragh can have my room. And if you choose to dress her in a gold bikini and keep her chained to your chaise longue for the evening while you drink blue WKD from a bong, then who am I to judge? :eek: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Bacause my 9 year old daughter is a starwars nut. When she was playing star wars lego she got stuck on a level and asked me for help. She said she was " Stuck on the level with Sluggy" yes Sluggy, so this got me curious to see what she was on about.... So I went to have a look see. She was stuck on a Level with Jaba the hut, or Sluggy to a 7 year old... as she was at the time.
    So I then sat her down to watch all the movies and set the record straight. But I feel she still needs an edcuation in the ways of the force, and these young ones are so impetious...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Because who would want to stop Doctor Doom from his fateful meeting with Darth Vader?

DV-vs-DD-LMS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

If I win this package I will rafffle the prize for charity.Promise !

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Am a huge fan after growing up with IV, V, and VI. And now my 5 year old son is going through the same with I, II, and III.
    It would be fantastic if I could bring him along. Would make his parsec!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

On the last census I listed my religion as 'Jedi'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Not so much a post telling why I should win, more a post about what could have been.

General Tagge: What of the tickets? If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical reading of this competition, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it.

Darth Vader: The tickets you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

Admiral Motti: Any ddos attack made by the Rebels against this competition would be a useless gesture, no matter what tickets they obtain. This competition is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.

Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this competition you've constructed. The ability to hold a competition is insignificant next to the power of these tickets.

Admiral Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that competition has not helped you conjure up the tickets, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden code...

I]Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking[/I

Darth Vader: I find your lack of tickets disturbing.

Also after reading D1976 story about Buzzthebatgirl, if I win I’d donate the ticket to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

Trying to figure out what I should say to win the competition for my six year old son (who is star wars crazy) and I simply couldn't find the words to say so I asked mister star wars crazy himself... And he simply said "I would love to win because I want to see a real-life light saber instead of the plastic one I have in my toy box!!"

Enough said I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Yes, Greedo. I was just going to see your boss. Tell Jabba I've got his tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

I'd like to win these tickets, because I would loved to have gone to something like this as a kid.. when i saw the first star wars films they blew me away..had never seen anything like it, I suddenly had my own little world..one of my best memories was when i saw return of the Jedi with my dad, after we headed off camping ..I still had the flash of lasers ringing in my ears as we drove down the lower rosses to the beach that night, face plaster to the car window staring up at the stars! Now that I'm an auld fella I'd love my youngest to get a good blast of the 'star wars' he loves the newer films of the series as does his brother and sister and I'd love for him to have a memory that he can rerun like I have. At the risk of sounding cheesy the star wars film are just boiling over with love brotherhood and hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I love the tickets for the troopers...

http://picasaweb.google.com/McCoogy/Troopers?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmq6u-ZmpjfFg&feat=email#5454584967123511026

Tip: Plastic toy light sabres are a bad idea. Ow...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I think I deserve to win because I am the biggest fan EVER :) so is my bf and wud love to surprise him with this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I want to win these for my boyfriend because after reading through all of the previous posts, I realise that there are actually other people out there who talk like him who I also don't understand- and because he's not as unique as I thought, it sure would be nice if he could meet some like minded people.

He's been quoting Star Wars and listening to the film scores for as long as I can remember. I like singing show tunes and dresses and puppies. He NEEDS this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I think I should get the VIP Tickets because I'm great. In fact, I think I won't even invite a friend, just in case I loose one of the tickets!

Inspired by Father Ted - Flight into Terror Episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I am still suffering from the side effects of the dodgy bubble gum that I had to eat back in '77 collecting all those trading cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

I should win because i have an erotic fixation with jabba the hutt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

Hmm, hmm, Win this competition I must, for the chosen one am I, hmmm.

My dad brought us to the pictures to see the first one, back in the seventies, first time I was ever at the cinema and it blew me away.

never experienced anything like it since apart from the birth of my kids. I was about 12 at the time. I'm talking about the cinema now, not the kids.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I should win so I can steal a Stormtrooper uniform and become the Dublin Stormtrooper

...a-la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I need to win! I met Dave Prowse last year at Toys of Big Boys and got his signed photo but I was 10cent short for it (after emptying every last penny in my wallet!)
    I need to pay Darth Vader back 10cent or he'll track me down and force choke me!! If he can find the jedi, he can find me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Susie-O-

Because my boyfriend and I just broke up, and he introduced me to star wars, which I absolutely love....but I wanna give him the tickets, as a thank you for all the good times, and an I'm sorry for the bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Because when I was a kid I had tons of Star Wars toys..I was obsessed. But our house burned down when I was about five or six taking all my toys with it. Bundling the real Darth Vader into the boot of my car would definitely make up for the one-legged one that was lost in the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Episode IV, A NEW BIRTH It is a period of civil war. Junkie Mopeds striking from a hidden base (Rialto), have won their first victory against the evil Gardai. During the battle, Junkie spies managed to steal secret plans to the Gardai's ultimate weapon, the DEPOT STAR, an armored Opel Vectra in the Phoenix Park with enough power to destroy an entire ice cream van. Pursued by the Gardai’s sinister agents, Princess Jacinta races home aboard her micra, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to Dublin.. Giz the tickets bud so we can save our stash wheeaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Hello,

I loved the films so much when I was growing up and was so jealous that all my friends had all the space ships and my folks couldnt afford to get me any so i had to play with my friends ones instead. role on to 2005 and I got my daughter interested in the movies through the Lego games on the XBOX and now she adores all the movies as much as I. We both agree that the Originals are far and away the best movies. so let a father and daughter have a blast of a week end...oh and if you can answer this question which has plagued me for 2 decades and the rest then go for it. why did the milennium falcon go straight to the rebel base after leis says we got awat too easy they muct be tracking us..and low and behold they go straight to the rebel base thus giving away the location..no one i have ever asked this too has come up with a feasable answer? Please give me the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not sure if I'm too late or not but I should win these tickets because I had my first erection upon seeing Princess Leia in that bikini....

A landmark day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks all. Will choose and contact winner tomorrow a.m.

Advertisement