Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction by Blacklion Lidl

• 29-03-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know what they are building on the grassy bit by the Blacklion Lidl?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hi,
    Anyone know what they are building on the grassy bit by the Blacklion Lidl?
    Nothing :)

I was there on Friday and asked one of the construction guys who said that all they're doing is replacing the concrete paviours in the car park with tarmac. The clearing of the grassy bit is just for a storage compound for the machinery and for storing the paviours they've removed, and presumably will be restore when they've finished.

Now I'm not sure why they're doing it in the first place, although I have noticed a lot of bits of the car park dug up in recent months .. maybe the ground wasn't suitable for the paving and was subsiding?

MEGA THREAD BUMP!!!!

I was there yesterday, and there seems to be something new going on there, with some pretty major looking building works just starting up.

Any ideas what it is?

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They are replacing the existing Lidl with a bigger one. Lidl set to close for 6 months as the existing building is being demolished.

Part of the grass area is going to become part of the future car park I think.

Ah OK, I didn't know that. From what I could see the entire grass area plus a small bit of the existing car park was surrounded by fencing. Looking at Google Maps, the area actually looks smaller than the old store, but with their new 2-storey design. like the new one in Bray, I guess a lot of what was storage space in the old building will be on the ground floor freeing up more retail space on the second floor.

Interested in what will happen to the space vacated by demolishing the old store.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No the new store will be in the same location as the existing store.

The road entrance is being moved further down toward the traffic lights, it will be pretty much directly opposite the exit from Temple Carrig.

The existing green is going to become part of the new car park. The car park layout will change, it's going to be less mad than it is today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement