Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to get Fiat Bravo parts

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help here. I just want to get an idea on pricing so I know I'm not getting fleeced. I have a Fiat Bravo 1.2 and need to get the following. Well, I need to get more but this will do for the moment :)

Fan belt
    Timing belt
    Break pads [Maybe only Offside front]
    Break disks [Maybe]

I believe the timing belt is a whopper of an expense but it has to be done.

cheers
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Your local motor factors will be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

E39MSport wrote: »
    Your local motor factors will be able to help you out.

But I want to get general prices before I go anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

7 euro,
    15 euro,
    35 euro,
    50-70 for a pair of discs

I presume your engine is the 16v 80 sx? its not as handy as the 8v but if your competent with the spanner you could handle it. an independant garage would probably charge ya about 200 quid to do the job.

Masada wrote: »
    7 euro,
    15 euro,
    35 euro,
    50-70 for a pair of discs

... an independant garage would probably charge ya about 200 quid to do the job.

Cheers for that. I assume that is ex labour. Yeah, I'll be getting a garage [AP] to do it. I'm not handy at cars at all.

Masada wrote: »
    I presume your engine is the 16v 80 sx? its not as handy as the 8v but if your competent with the spanner you could handle it.
    Ha, my car has an engine? :) No idea what type.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., yeah better leave to to the experts then. :)

the prices are without fitting yep, just the cost of the parts alone. ask the garage for a price before ya buy them though, often they'll get them cheaper than retail and probably work out a little cheaper for you in the end. :)

• Advertisement

Yup, AP just quoted me

60 - fan belt
    300 - timing belt
    250 - front brakes

That's about 450 labour [going on your prices]. Jayses, if I could get €400 for a days work, I'd be a happy [and wealthy] man.

I told them no f'ing way. So much for customer loyalty. Time to find another garage.

Advertisement