Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sustainable energy course in Cork

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Has anybody done or is doing the sustainable energy engineering masters in cork?
    I'm thinking of going back to college in september to do this course but not sure what it consists of?
    Is it a difficult course? And how expensive is it to live in cork?
    I finished a electronic eng bachelor last year but am stuck on the dole, so the reason of going back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

I tried it but I couldn't last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin forum

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Maybe ask in the UCC forum too? Posters there don't seem to cross over to the general Cork City forum much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

CIT offer a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Sustainable Energy Technology

http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/418

If you have questions head over to the relevant Cork IT and UCC forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Edelle

i dont mean to pry but how was the course? i want to do it myself after my environmental engineering degree. if you could give me any info on the course id be very grateful. its always better comin from a student that tried it than a lecturer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

deanomcd wrote: »
    Has anybody done or is doing the sustainable energy engineering masters in cork?
    I'm thinking of going back to college in september to do this course but not sure what it consists of?
    Is it a difficult course? And how expensive is it to live in cork?
    I finished a electronic eng bachelor last year but am stuck on the dole, so the reason of going back

Is the course your talking about is in UCC? I'm studying the BEng in Energy Engineering and was talking to one of the lecturers about the Masters. He said the competition for places last year was incredible. People with related degrees and years of experience in related fields (eg power generation, electronics etc) weren't getting in as the standards of everyone else was higher than that already.

Advertisement