Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks please read...

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm coming out of the sheltered life of panel building to house bashing. I remember hearing a while ago that if you touched anything in a house now you gotta re-cert the whole instalation? Is this true?? Surely this would make doing smaller jobs unfeasible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

you dont have to cert the whole installation
    you can issue a sub system completion cert or a minor works cert whichever is appropiate.any new work must be up to current regs and any problems on existing system must be pointed out to client.if they are unwilling or unable to upgrade ask them to sign certificate stating the faults were notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

A minor works cert only covers very minor work eg. replacement of socket, light or addition of an accessory to an existing circuit.

A full cert must be issued for a
    • complete installation
    • The provision of 1 or more additional circuits
    • replacement of:
    • a distribution board
    • the wiring for a circuit
    • a protective device
    • relocation of a distribution board

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Seanieke wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm coming out of the sheltered life of panel building to house bashing. I remember hearing a while ago that if you touched anything in a house now you gotta re-cert the whole instalation? Is this true?? Surely this would make doing smaller jobs unfeasible?

I'm a third year apprentice,4th year in June and I'd like to do the reverse.I've been doing small scale electrical maintenance,fire and intruder alarm installs and testing,house bashing etc for all my apprenticeship.

just wondered if you thought a panel building company might take me on at my stage or if they'd prefer to take first years and train them up.

Advertisement