Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCG vaccine - can it be done privately?

• 29-03-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Recently moved to Isle of Man with 3 month old twins. Couldn't get to do the BCG before we left due to a backlog.

Unfortunately they don't do the vaccine on the Isle of Man as they have no TB, but I'd rather get the vaccine as it is possible we will return to Ireland at some point and I'd rather not have to put the kids through the Mantoux text AND the vaccine.

Question: is there any clinic in Ireland (pref. Dublin) that will administer the BCG privately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest if you have fmaily here to get them to cotact thier GP or you shoud contact who ever was your gp when you lived here and see if it can be arranged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I know a friend in London who ahd it done privately with her GP there as they often travel to Ireland; her London GP was able to order the vaccine, it took a few weeks though I think.

Advertisement