Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of buying a Skoda Octavia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They were just as popular as mini cabs over there as here though so make sure to do your background checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Was looking at this one alright - nice looking car.

What all should I be looking out for if I went over to the UK (or even in Ireland) buying car secondhand? Have Skoda Octavias any known problems???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get the aa or similar to inspect the car and do a hpi. Could save you a flight if it turns out to not be as good as it looks.

not a bad idea - wouldnt of thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RoverJames wrote: »
    Will the Octavia ever shed the muck savage image, they are a real farmer going to mass car.

Yeah I cant understand it - pure muck savage image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You may have bills soon with that - DMF, suspension bits and the like. Also - it's a DL reg and people have a problem with that. Sometimes for a good reason...do a search here on Donegal reg's and you'll see...

Very decent price though and if looked after will do the same again

Whats wrong with the donegal reg?
    Surely I'll have bills with any car with his mileage - even from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

dlambirl wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the donegal reg?
    Surely I'll have bills with any car with his mileage - even from the UK?

People associatte DL regs with being driven hard and not looked after, total stereotype but may affect resale value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There is close enough to 170,000km on that car :eek:

While they'll do that mileage (I've seen 250+ km), I'd struggle to justify paying over €6,000 for anything with that mileage.

Well my local garage man is looking about getting a Skoda from England - and he said all of those will have 100K + miles and he was talking alot more than €6,000!
    Ah I don't know what to do... head is fried at the minute.

Well rang that man and he has someone coming to look at it tomorrow so no doubt it'll be gone tomorrow evening....... awh well.

the hunt continues.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Well my local garage man is looking about getting a Skoda from England - and he said all of those will have 100K + miles and he was talking alot more than €6,000!
    Ah I don't know what to do... head is fried at the minute.

Well rang that man and he has someone coming to look at it tomorrow so no doubt it'll be gone tomorrow evening....... awh well.

the hunt continues.... :D

Why not cut out the garage man and go and get one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah I cant understand it - pure muck savage image
    The muck savage image will go when the styling improves. The grille alone is very crappy, and the badge is chronic. The overall styling isn't great.
    Most marques have improved their badge design over the years in line with the marque itself moving up in the world, but Skoda for some reason seem to think that their heritage should be upheld by a gammy logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dunno about that T1000, muck savages don't buy a car purely on crap styling. price, availability of lots of diesels and ability to carry 4 square bales in the boot would be major factors!

Passat is a muck savage car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fra05

What about http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1159296 ??

Seems reasonable

Advertisement