Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation

Options
  • 29-03-2010 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has stayed in UCD accomm for a summer? I'll be working in and around Leeson St from June to August, just basic 9-5 and that. Was thinking of maybe staying in UCD accomm just because its convenient and probably cheaper than renting normally. Not very familiar with Dublin at all. Would be great if anyone has any info regarding prices, experience, transport etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's not cheaper, and not all that convenient. You'd be better trying to find somewhere closer, and it might work out at least as cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Here is the email address Residences@ucd.ie

It appears usit had a lease on the summer accomodation but that now has expired so prices could be different this year.

The UCD Village is no more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I dont know much about the rental market but you will probably find cheaper than ucd because the period you are renting is when most student accomodation leases have ended around may so there should be plenty of supply. Most landlords would probably be willing to make some sort of deal with you considering you're only there for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tanjy

Thats great, thanks for the help. I suppose the question now is whether anyone wants to sub-let a room for the summer? Preferably on the green line? From what I've heard most people have to sign 12 month leases so I'd be happy to take up the 3 summer months... Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

tanjy wrote: »
    Thats great, thanks for the help. I suppose the question now is whether anyone wants to sub-let a room for the summer? Preferably on the green line? From what I've heard most people have to sign 12 month leases so I'd be happy to take up the 3 summer months... Cheers

Check your PMs, I have a place outside the Clonskeagh entrance of UCD that I'm looking to sublet for the summer months. It's about 10/15 minutes walk from the green line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

A 10 minute walk from town and UCD?

Where is this place?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sazzie121

hi !! im in college in ucd and signed a 12 month lease for an apartment just a minute off leeson street. im looking to sublet the room for the summer months so if u are intrested get in touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

UCD is in one of the most horrible locations in the country! There's no greenery and no nice city architecture either, keep well away. It's just boring suburban sprawl with a big dual carriageway. Eugh. I do love college here though.
    There is no good supermarket on campus, you'd have to carry shopping about 1km from tesco, and even tesco is crap.
    Renting in town is cheaper than renting around UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

I've had to find short term summer accommodation in Dublin before and there was lots of stuff on Daft so you would be better looking on there than going for UCD campus. It shouldn't be hard as from my experience there was more of a supply of summer accommodation than demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

If you were to live in UCD (expensive and all as it is), does the restaurant/shop/'elements' stay open during the summer months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

rantyface wrote: »
    UCD is in one of the most horrible locations in the country! There's no greenery and no nice city architecture either, keep well away. It's just boring suburban sprawl with a big dual carriageway. Eugh. I do love college here though.
    There is no good supermarket on campus, you'd have to carry shopping about 1km from tesco, and even tesco is crap.
    Renting in town is cheaper than renting around UCD.

I quite like the tesco :p i'll be sad to leave it even

Advertisement