Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 bulb halogen light holder blowing bulbs like billy-o

Options
  • 29-03-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I installed a 6-spotlights-on-a curvy-bar thingy a few weeks ago and it's blown 3 of it's 6 bulbs already. As I look at it now, I can see one of the bulbs filaments clearly vibrating (at maybe 10Hz?) giving a flickering light.

That bulb isn't long for this earth either I don't suppose..

The unit was bought in Homebase and has 6 x 50 GU10 type bulbs installed. Any ideas what's up - is there too much load on a single switch (300 Watt)?

Thanks for any info..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

gu10 bulbs are known for their short life especially if thrown about in a stores or warehouse.replace them all with a good(20000 hr)bulb from a reputable wholesaler or try led bulbs if they would suit(light not great from them though and a bit pricey)load is fine .some dimmer switches are not compatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the basic gu-10 leds (from wholesaler)are getting brighter i think

to my eyes anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Will give new bulbs a go. The LED's wouldn't be a runner I don't think as they give off a not-too-attractive white light - that I've seen anyway, do they come in warmer colours yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i put in some 'click litehouse ' other day

they're bright and warm light

got them from cef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

Will give new bulbs a go. The LED's wouldn't be a runner I don't think as they give off a not-too-attractive white light - that I've seen anyway, do they come in warmer colours yet?

you should try the new Philips Master 7w ones. i actually think they look better than the ordinary 50w ones

• Advertisement
Advertisement