Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pup

Options
  • 29-03-2010 12:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I there is another thread for this, but I just got a pure bread ****zu and now he is 3 months. Is it advised to bread from the dog for awhile or just have him neutered at the 6 month age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Firstly you wouldnt be breeding a young dog, he is just a puppy.

Best thing is to get him neutered as soon as he is ready which can be about 6 months or so but your vet will advise you of the best time for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Hi, there's no need to breed from him. It's healthier and better to just get him neutered at 6 months. I think maybe you can get him neutered at about 4 months, but whatever the vet says :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks for the tips!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just to add OP - our guy was neutered at 6 months and it was no bother to him so don't be worried! He was in at 9:00am and ready to come home at lunchtime- he slept the rest of the day and was grand the next morning.

Advertisement