Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues Installing OS

Options
  • 29-03-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have an old HTPC running Vista which I want to upgrade to Win 7, specs as follows:

DFI Lanparty NF4 UT SLI-DR Expert
    2GB DDR
    2 x 500Gb HD's
    Amd X2 4400+
    Generic DVD Drive IDE and old
    8800 Ultra

I have flashed to the latest bios using a Dos Boot CD so booting from the DVD Drive works.

I have burned an iso of my Win7 dl from MSDN (yes I have a sub and its legit)

The DVD is not recognised as a Boot DVD and the boot from CD option is bypassed and option 3 Boot from HD is selected.

I have also created a boot usb key (I have done this many times before), which I have double checked on another PC as being working i.e. it starts the install process. I have set the PC to boot from removable and other before CD or HD but I never see the USB drive detected in the BIOS and it never attempts to boot from it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Have you also tried the DVD you burned in another computer to see if you made it properly?

Advertisement