Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Meetup

Options

Comments

Most people "know" each other through here really, as far as I know the meets are open to all loads of us haven't gone on one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

And those of ye who have.....any fun??....but i guess nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

corkcomp wrote: »
    off topic alert* how come we cant see who voted in the poll? kingtut:(?

Good question. The reason for this is because I am asking for peoples opinions of the meetups and the poll contains positive and negative responses such as "I went to a meetup and hate it", if the votes are public people will be less likely to vote / be honest.
    Excuse my ignorance...but what is the 'meet-up' all about??:o do ye guys know one another?? or is this open for anyone to attend?
    btw the weekend trip sounds good but why are only Galway and Dublin mentioned?? :p.....i'd love to see maybe Antrim/Donegal up there too! :confused:

Umm well the meetup is just that, meeting up with people! :)
    If people on here know each other it is only because they met each other at a meetup, the meetups are open to everyone! We always get new people at them so feel free to come along!

btw the weekend trip sounds good but why are only Galway and Dublin mentioned?? :p.....i'd love to see maybe Antrim/Donegal up there too! :confused:

It is merely a suggestion and not set in stone. If you wish to go to Antrim / Donegal then by all means post and see who is interested. Threads like these do not work unless lots of people come up with ideas. Mine were just examples. Tell us, what interests you?
    And those of ye who have.....any fun??....but i guess nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Oh they are great fun, anyone who says otherwise will be punished :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Ever held a meet in a strip joint? :pac:

Ever held a meet in a strip joint? :pac:

Nope but all suggestions are welcome ;)

• Advertisement

A nice wholesome evening :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

A nice wholesome evening :cool:

Holesome more like ;)

But let me get this straight, you look 12/13, like to hang out in gay bars and strip joints ... :confused:

No no, I've never actually been to a strip club.

But yeah, I like the gay bars.

:D

Gaaaaay bar gay bar gay bar

OK, I stand corrected, you look 12/13, like to hang out in gay bars and wanna have a meetup in a strip joint ...

I'm in. Perhaps after the strip joint we can have the Roman orgy party as well :D

No deal, I seen the post for the Roman Orgy..

You said (21+)

That right there is ageism!

• Advertisement

No deal, I seen the post for the Roman Orgy..

You said (21+)

That right there is ageism!

Hehe, no no, I meant 21+ people, proper roman style orgies gotta have lots of people. All (legal) ages welcome. Roman orgies are an equal opportunity confukeration :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Oooohhh it's all getting rather seedy in here!

:angelic face:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

440Hz wrote: »
    Oooohhh it's all getting rather seedy in here!

:angelic face:

i know!! some people would drag any discussion into the gutter .. myself excluded lol :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

This is all going a bit too far for me.

Tutty, can you add my suggestion to the poll please?

I think for our next meetup we should all go to mass.

oeb wrote: »
    This is all going a bit too far for me.

Tutty, can you add my suggestion to the poll please?

Only a moderator can edit the poll. Anyway this months poll is only for people to express their opinions of the meetups, if you have an idea you have to post it this month!

Pick a church, day and time and see who is free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's either going to be way more people or no one at all at the next meetup!

deRanged wrote: »
    there's either going to be way more people or no one at all at the next meetup!

In church? When is the next photowalk that *cough* you *cough cough* are organising?

oeb wrote: »

PFFFT :pac:

Right, to get back on track.

Kingtut, how is this gonna work. Do you want us to suggest an activity, with a date/time, in this thread? Surely it'll get confusing then. Or do we suggest an activity here, then you (we?) setup a new thread just for that event?!

it will probably end up as a few different meet ups? other than that, it will be impossible without having a poll of some sort.

• Advertisement

A tea party XD

I'll bring my dolls :)

And special herbal tea ;)

^^^^^ Troll

^^^^^ Troll

And in english please?

it will probably end up as a few different meet ups? other than that, it will be impossible without having a poll of some sort.

Well of course there'll be more than one meetup, but will they all be listed on this thread, or will each have a separate thread, and if so who'll set those threads up. Would those separate threads have a poll, some activities will require a minimum no of people.

Details details ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

ok this thread is just getting odd!!! :eek::eek: my suggestions for April are:
    -Karoke night FTW!!!!!!!! :D:D
    -Beer meet-up (preferably at the weekend)
    -Photowalk

nursemar88 wrote: »
    ok this thread is just getting odd!!! :eek::eek: my suggestions for April are:
    -Karoke night FTW!!!!!!!! :D:D
    -Beer meet-up (preferably at the weekend)
    -Photowalk

ditto for no.2:D and Friday nights are good .. Maybe Thursdays but early week nights out for me, im getting old:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ok so plan: going to the cinema this Thursday night to see Kick-Ass and then going for drinks afters. Anyone interested??

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ok so plan: going to the cinema this Thursday night to see Kick-Ass and then going for drinks afters. Anyone interested??

This sounds familiar :D oh and yes I am interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

kingtut wrote: »
    In church? When is the next photowalk that *cough* you *cough cough* are organising?

hah. just for that, we'll have a photowalk in a church!

more accurately - for the first photowalk of the year, we might try to copy the first of last year. meet near St Finbarr's Cathedral and do a short ish photowalk around there. Say meeting around 6 or 6:30, photograph the cathedral and surrounding areas for about an hour, retire for a tasty beverage or two.
    some cameras and some instruction in photography can be provided by yours truly. how's that sound - any takers?
    say about thursday (8th), weather permitting?

• Advertisement

Wow never heard of a Photo Walk, how did you get on with this previously? Anywhere to view the pics?

Advertisement