Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

My sisters birthday, major session!! wooop woop! :D

Rockchik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Kingtut, I'm not sure us mentioning events here is gonna work, it's too easy for people to miss specific posts. (a case in point you didn't answer my questions about how the new system will work)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

kingtut wrote: »
    Rockchik?

Indeed! :D

DWood wrote: »
    Kingtut, I'm not sure us mentioning events here is gonna work, it's too easy for people to miss specific posts. (a case in point you didn't answer my questions about how the new system will work)

DWood apologies.
    Right, to get back on track.

Kingtut, how is this gonna work. Do you want us to suggest an activity, with a date/time, in this thread? Surely it'll get confusing then. Or do we suggest an activity here, then you (we?) setup a new thread just for that event?!

The events will all be suggested and organised here (apart from Cinema ones which already have their own thread - that is why I sent people interested in the cinema in that direction).

I do not think it is necessary to have a thread per event however if people want that then there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

I hope this clears things up...if not let me know and I'll try and make things clearer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

sounds good .. sure if anyone wants to organise a meet up there are a few ways to spread the word .. on here .. on a separate thread .. text message .. pm .. facebook etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

corkcomp wrote: »
    sounds good .. sure if anyone wants to organise a meet up there are a few ways to spread the word .. on here .. on a separate thread .. text message .. pm .. facebook etc etc

True. Just speaking from experience (being an old git), unless there's an easy central location for an event's details, people won't find things, will miss things (especially on threads like this where we'll all go off topic *cough* occasionally), and event attendance will suffer.

True. Just speaking from experience (being an old git), unless there's an easy central location for an event's details, people won't find things, will miss things (especially on threads like this where we'll all go off topic *cough* occasionally), and event attendance will suffer.

It has not caused problems in the past, only difference between this month and other months is I am hoping other people suggest (and organise!!) events.

Once an event has been decided on and all details have been revealed the organiser can (if they wish) send an invite through facebook...

Oh and you are not old, you are 'mature' :pac:

definately we need to use other medium alright - separate thread or facebook invite ftw .. this thread is gone right into the nether zone:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

deRanged wrote: »

more accurately - for the first photowalk of the year, we might try to copy the first of last year. meet near St Finbarr's Cathedral and do a short ish photowalk around there.

I'll just stay at my house and chimp!! (i.e. take photos of you lot taking photos) ;)

I'm not sure I can do the 8th... I'll be around but I will also be getting something very exciting that day and I might want to go play with it rather than take photos... oh and.... I won't have a camera lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

440Hz wrote: »
    I'll just stay at my house and chimp!! (i.e. take photos of you lot taking photos) ;)
    that's not what chimping is!
    I'm not sure I can do the 8th... I'll be around but I will also be getting something very exciting that day and I might want to go play with it rather than take photos... oh and.... I won't have a camera lol

I chose the 8th randomly - it could be another day if that would suit better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Train trip to Cobh and then a walk around.

There's not much to see tbh. It's like Bosnia only not as nice. There's so many twats in tracksuits around it has a post-apocalyptic olympic village feel to it.

Could be fun to take the train to Midleton and do the Jameson tour instead. You get a few free samples so taking the train would be worthwhile.

I would like a Comedy night please Tut! Chop chop! ;):p

+1

Craichouse some Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

There's not much to see tbh. It's like Bosnia only not as nice. There's so many twats in tracksuits around it has a post-apocalyptic olympic village feel to it.

Could be fun to take the train to Midleton and do the Jameson tour instead. You get a few free samples so taking the train would be worthwhile.

+1

Craichouse some Saturday?

Done!! :D

Thanks to everyone who came to the cinema last night! Those people being:

1 - kingtut
    2 - nursemar88 - Always a pleasure to see you :)
    3 - Grim Wreeper - Nice to finally meet you!
    4 - Witnessmenow - nice to meet you, hope the drive was worth it :)
    5 - oeb - You Sir are a legend!
    6 - Webmonkey - Cheers for coming dude!
    7 - DunnaM - umm do I have the spelling right??
    8 - Purple Lemons - :eek::cool::o:p:pac::):D:( - i.e. you are WONDERFUL!
    9 - stevexo - tee hee....I liked your story last night! lifting and lowering ;)
    10 - mudokon - Thanks for coming along!
    11 - corkcomp - :D:D:D

Hope I have not forgotten anyone.

Right so next meetup based on what I have heard should really be one of the following:

Karaoke Night / PhotoWalk / Comedy Night.

Which of the 3 above would you like to see us having next
    ?

great to see you all :D

@Kingtut - so I've been demoted to bottom of the list now?:p not good enough:(:pac:

@Stevexo point no.9 sounds interesting:eek:?

corkcomp wrote: »
    great to see you all :D

@Kingtut - so I've been demoted to bottom of the list now?:p not good enough:(:pac:

Always leave the best to last ;)

:rolleyes::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

well, you didnt make the conema so why not be at the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Craichouse on Saturday the 10th? The LV's a nice bar to have a few before/after in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Posting to subscribe just incase I miss it like I did with March one! - I'll prob miss it anyways unless it on second half of the month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I missed the start of the movie because i was late corkcomp, dont feel to bad for missing the whole thing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

What movie did ye guys go to see?

What movie did ye guys go to see?

Kick ass :)

Strange movie...

My sister said it was good. She said McLovin is in it, I'd go to see it just for that :D

McLovin IS God afterall :D

Ha ya he is :D, poor guy is going to be known as McLovin no matter what for the rest of his life but thats not such as bad thing

I would nearly bet my life that he gets more women than Brad Pitt eve got :cool:

Thanks to everyone who came to the cinema last night! Those people being:

1 - kingtut
    2 - nursemar88 - Always a pleasure to see you :)
    3 - Grim Wreeper - Nice to finally meet you!
    4 - Witnessmenow - nice to meet you, hope the drive was worth it :)
    5 - oeb - You Sir are a legend!
    6 - Webmonkey - Cheers for coming dude!
    7 - DunnaM - umm do I have the spelling right??
    8 - Purple Lemons - :eek::cool::o:p:pac::):D:( - i.e. you are WONDERFUL!
    9 - stevexo - tee hee....I liked your story last night! lifting and lowering ;)
    10 - mudokon - Thanks for coming along!
    11 - corkcomp - :D:D:D

Hope I have not forgotten anyone.

Right so next meetup based on what I have heard should really be one of the following:

Karaoke Night / PhotoWalk / Comedy Night.

Which of the 3 above would you like to see us having next ?

Screw you and your sarcasm :pac:

I missed the start of the movie because i was late corkcomp, dont feel to bad for missing the whole thing! :pac:

I dont feel bad .. it was all made better when I met you ;):pac:

You thught I was a guy :(

• Advertisement

You thught I was a guy :(

well in my defence you did post saying you had an erection .. so I must have put 2 and 2 together LOL :D;):pac:

Advertisement