Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ainu wrote: »
    depends on the time, you wanna do that on a weekend?

I reckon on a Saturday, preferably this Saturday as I am free I think....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I'd have been interested in a trip to the distillery but this weekend is not good for me. I thought it would be a weekend thing so I wouldnt really be able to make a Saturday until early May.

Have fun if it goes ahead though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

kingtut wrote: »
    who is interested in a train trip to the distillery in Midleton?
    i would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

stevexo wrote: »
    i would be

Me too maybe

Anyone fancy a delicious evening meal?

A group of us are having dinner Thu night, 19:30 @ Indian Palace, 31 Princes Street.

• Advertisement

DWood wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a delicious evening meal?

A group of us are having dinner Thu night, 19:30 @ Indian Palace, 31 Princes Street.

A group??....I take it it is not a boards group as this is the first I have heard of this dinner....

With the possibility of drinks on Friday and Midleton on Saturday I might not have enough cash for dinner but watch this space...

A group??....I take it it is not a boards group as this is the first I have heard of this dinner....

With the possibility of drinks on Friday and Midleton on Saturday I might not have enough cash for dinner but watch this space...

Not a boards group meetup, although boards people will be there. It's from the new Cork meetup.com group, thought I'd try a bit of group mixing!

In any case, we'll be there, if people wanna join the more the merrier.

PS. How much is this Middleton trip likely to cost?!?!

PS. How much is this Middleton trip likely to cost?!?!

Train takes about 25 minutes not sure of cost of a return ticket but I'll find out and let you know..

An adult ticket into the distillery is €13.50 or €11 for a student who is over 18 and has the appropriate ID.

http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/Heritage/Visitor-Centres/Midleton_experience_Tour_info.aspx

Edit - I reckon the return train ticket will be 5/6 max so the day will cost you about €20. (more if people want to get a bit of lunch somewhere)

and more if you want to buy some whiskey :)

what time do we reckon for sat? is there a train around 1pm? should be enough time to deal with a hangover if one were to acquire one, one thinks so.

stevexo wrote: »
    and more if you want to buy some whiskey :)

what time do we reckon for sat? is there a train around 1pm? should be enough time to deal with a hangover if one were to acquire one, one thinks so.

Actually, that's a good point, are we gonna be in the mood for a trip on the Sat after the Fri night before .. which I'm assuming will be a heavy one, not sure why :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Actually, that's a good point, are we gonna be in the mood for a trip on the Sat after the Fri night before .. which I'm assuming will be a heavy one, not sure why :rolleyes:

i'd be up for it, thats why im saying 1pm :P

As of yet it has not been confirmed that it is this Saturday, need to get a bit more feedback first ( a lot of the regulars have yet to reply)....

@ stevexo - 1pm sounds good to me (meeting at train station at 1pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I'd look at taking the day off for this if you were definitely going. It'd be a while before a trip like this would happen again & I still have to use up some holiday from last year. :cool:

As of yet it has not been confirmed that it is this Saturday, need to get a bit more feedback first ( a lot of the regulars have yet to reply)....

@ stevexo - 1pm sounds good to me (meeting at train station at 1pm)

If it were next Sat I'd defo be in ...

If it were next Sat I'd defo be in ...

and I'd defo be out. (no matter what date is chosen there will always be a few people that cannot make it) The fact that it is on a weekend automatically rules out anyone that doesn't stay in Cork over the weekend.

Like I said a lot of the regulars have not responded...so lets see what they have to say first :)

and I'd defo be out. (no matter what date is chosen there will always be a few people that cannot make it) The fact that it is on a weekend automatically rules out anyone that doesn't stay in Cork over the weekend.

Like I said a lot of the regulars have not responded...so lets see what they have to say first :)

OK, for clarity then I'll count myself out of a trip to the distillery this Sat as I haven't been paid yet.

I'll suggest a similar trip in a few weeks for those that don't go this weekend.

I'll suggest a similar trip in a few weeks for those that don't go this weekend.

Which may be no-one ;) only at the 'are you free' stage so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

im in this saturday or next saturday, but id prefer this one...

im in this saturday or next saturday, but id prefer this one...
    this saturday ftw!

we could then try funderland afterwards? if we get there by 6pm, we get 4 hours for 20 quid then back to the pub??? heh heh heh

edit: and there is a train at 1:15 on saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

No-one's up for a photo-walk? I guess not. :(

• Advertisement

colblimp wrote: »
    No-one's up for a photo-walk? I guess not. :(

To my knowledge several people are....just waiting for *cough* deRanged *cough* to organise one...

To my knowledge several people are....just waiting for *cough* deRanged *cough* to organise one...

And do we know what the hold up is about? Could we not just organise one between ourselves and go with that? I vote for Kinsale this Saturday... :D

Alternatively, we could combine the Funderland visit with a photo session. Fairgrounds at night make great subjects.

shouldnt that be this thursday?

i vote photo walk in midelton with whiskey, funderland, photo walk in funderland, photo walk in pub :D:D:D

And do we know what the hold up is about? Could we not just organise one between ourselves and go with that? I vote for Kinsale this Saturday... :D

The hold is no-one has organised it yet / posted to ask when people are free, I am not going to organise a photo walk as I have not done one before and I like to think of deRanged as the expert in that field...
    shouldnt that be this thursday?

Thursday? Where did you get Thursday from...

The hold is no-one has organised it yet / posted to ask when people are free, I am not going to organise a photo walk as I have not done one before and I like to think of deRanged as the expert in that field...

Fair comment, neither have I. Although, to quote the boys of Top Gear, how hard can it be?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Fair comment, neither have I. Although, to quote the boys of Top Gear, how hard can it be?! :eek:

easiest thing is to propose date, time and venue then? otherwise it will get talked about but never happen

Thursday? Where did you get Thursday from...

i tink it says the 8th of april somewhere in the thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I had briefly suggested the 8th.
    what I'll do when I have time is start a separate thread for the photowalk.
    I'm a busy man though, if someone else wants to organise one go for it.

Advertisement