Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

deRanged wrote: »
    I had briefly suggested the 8th.
    what I'll do when I have time is start a separate thread for the photowalk.
    I'm a busy man though, if someone else wants to organise one go for it.

aha that clears things up (as did your post Ainu)

Well you are the photography expert, please organise a trip for us oh photography master *kneels down and begs* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

kingtut wrote: »

So...on topic.... who is interested in a train trip to the distillery in Midleton?
    i would be but the only date in the next couple of weeks that would suit me is sat 17th... so unless its on that date i can't go.... but have a good one without me! :)
    a seperate thread is a good idea... get rid of the confusion that is going around in here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Oh, so the 8th is off now, ok.
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    i would be but the only date in the next couple of weeks that would suit me is sat 17th... so unless its on that date i can't go.... but have a good one without me! :)

a seperate thread is a good idea... get rid of the confusion that is going around in here! :)

I agree, I'd said that earlier, organising everything in one thread won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

DWood wrote: »

I agree, I'd said that earlier, organising everything in one thread won't work.

+1 thread per meetup along with a simple poll makes most sense.

Thread with poll up for the midleton trip, get voting! Thanks to Blitzkrieger for suggesting the trip.

Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055876856

• Advertisement

Thread with poll up for the midleton trip, get voting! Thanks to Blitzkrieger for suggesting the trip.

Thanks kingstut. May I suggest also adding a link in future, just to make it idiot proof (yeah, I'm lookin in the mirror :D)

Ok so at the moment there is a beers organised for this month (and a trip to the Midleton Distillery in progress)...

Other plans for this month were:
    1) Karaoke Night
    2) Photo walk
    3) Trip to Funderland

What are your thoughts on the above?

As usual once the date for a meetup has been decided I'll send out a facebook invite (just to make the details 100% clear and to save the lazy people from having to look through a few pages :P).
    Thanks kingstut. May I suggest also adding a link in future, just to make it idiot proof (yeah, I'm lookin in the mirror :D)

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Erm Funderland lasts only 2 weeks.

Friday is the last day as far as i know lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Other plans for this month were:

1) Karaoke Night
    2) Photo walk
    3) Trip to Funderland

What are your thoughts on the above?

1) Karaoke night, I like you people so I wouldnt put you through the torture of listening to me sing but I may turn up to cheer on/laugh at everyone else.

2) Photo walk, would be interested in this but guessing it would be a weekend thing as well so due to work it would only really suit if it was a Sunday.

3) Trip to Funderland. not really into this being an old git and all. :p

mudokon wrote: »
    1) Karaoke night, I like you people so I wouldnt put you through the torture of listening to me sing but I may turn up to cheer on/laugh at everyone else.

+1 id be up for going but not partaking (unless I end up VERY drunk:p)

• Advertisement

^^

Not unless im hammered

Erm Funderland lasts only 2 weeks.

Friday is the last day as far as i know lol

Funderland is open until Sunday 18th of April.

i knew that, i was just testing you :cool:

corkcomp wrote: »
    +1 id be up for going but not partaking (unless I end up VERY drunk:p)

Come on guys, not even singing as a group to Bon Jovi or somethin?! :cool:
    Not unless im hammered

Bless, not so cocksure now ya ickle whipper snapper :rolleyes:

First question for Karaoke is, wanna do it in public or in a booth? The Mardyke has private booths, but the night will turn out much more expensive (roughly 9E per person per hour plus drinks). The Wash does it open plan style so cheaper, not sure how much it is, might just be price of drinks, anyone know?!

Bless, not so cocksure now ya ickle whipper snapper :rolleyes:

Nah, just can't sing without breaking windows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Heya guys, where do we stand? LAtely I am having little time to surf the boards...sorry but right now can't go through 16 pages of posts :)

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Heya guys, where do we stand? LAtely I am having little time to surf the boards...sorry but right now can't go through 16 pages of posts :)

Here is what's on at the moment.

Beers this Friday or Midleton Distillery trip

Everything else is still a bit up in the air at the moment.

Nah, just can't sing without breaking windows :D

Opera singers can do that too, you have no excuse. :p
    Come on guys, not even singing as a group to Bon Jovi or somethin?!

I'm not good at being in front of groups of people so I definitely wont be singing.:o
    First question for Karaoke is, wanna do it in public or in a booth? The Mardyke has private booths, but the night will turn out much more expensive (roughly 9E per person per hour plus drinks). The Wash does it open plan style so cheaper, not sure how much it is, might just be price of drinks, anyone know?!

How do the private booths work? do other people hear you? if not what is the point.

I'm guessing if it's done with open plan style then it would be drinks only that you would pay for unless they charged an entry fee.

Come on guys, not even singing as a group to Bon Jovi or somethin?! :cool:

I can manage that:D

The Wash does it open plan style so cheaper, not sure how much it is, might just be price of drinks, anyone know?!

wash ftw

Here is what's on at the moment.

Beers this Friday AND Midleton Distillery trip

Everything else is still a bit up in the air at the moment.

FYP :)

• Advertisement

How do the private booths work? do other people hear you? if not what is the point.

The booth is a big room, holds 20 people easily, and they have 5 booths I think. Basically it's karaoke but only for your group, so no strangers get to hear/see you.

I prefer public, it's cheaper, those that don't want to sing can watch everyone and not feel goosebury coz most of the venue aren't singing, but the disadvantage is that those that do want to sing get less chance to take the mike.

I'm looking into other venues ...

The booth is a big room, holds 20 people easily, and they have 5 booths I think. Basically it's karaoke but only for your group, so no strangers get to hear/see you.

I prefer public, it's cheaper, those that don't want to sing can watch everyone and not feel goosebury coz most of the venue aren't singing, but the disadvantage is that those that do want to sing get less chance to take the mike.

I'm looking into other venues ...

Ha ha, that makes more sense, I had it in my head that private booth meant you'd be in there on your own. :o

There was a bar on Parnell place that used to do karaoke but not sure if they do anymore.

Ha ha, that makes more sense, I had it in my head that private booth meant you'd be in there on your own. :o

I think you're thinking of another kind of booth :rolleyes: :eek:

This is short notice but anyone interested in going to Funderland this evening?.......It closes at 10pm and I could probably make it there for 8pm...

If timing suits I can collect people in the city...so any takers? :)

Edit - I can pick people up on the South Mall at 7.30, 4 spaces in my car so if you want one let me know asap! First come first served. I'll drop people back to the city afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

This is short notice but anyone interested in going to Funderland this evening?.......It closes at 10pm and I could probably make it there for 8pm...

If timing suits I can collect people in the city...so any takers? :)

Edit - I can pick people up on Grande Parade at 7.30, 4 spaces in my car so if you want one let me know asap! First come first served. I'll drop people back to the city afterwards.

ME ME ME!!! id love to come!

1 car seat gone...3 left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i'm going!but i don't need a drive. Are ye going for drinks after?

i'm going!but i don't need a drive. Are ye going for drinks after?

I don't mind... sure one or two won't hurt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Ainu wrote: »
    ME ME ME!!! id love to come!
    yoink! two seats left :D

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »
    yoink! two seats left :D

Grab them quick people! 7.30pm pick up, Imperial Hotel on South Mall. Red Hyundai Accent.

Advertisement