Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

kingtut wrote: »
    Grab them quick people! 7.30pm pick up, Imperial Hotel on Grand Parade. Red Hyundai Accent.
    where is that hotel? ive never noticed it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

stevexo wrote: »
    yoink! two seats left :D

i was first, i want to sit in the front....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

where is that hotel? ive never noticed it

Oops I meant South Mall!! My bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cant make Funderland but might meet up for a drink afterwards if you are having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Woo, my head is spinning after all the pages!! :confused:
    Anyway would love to go a meet up sometime, but afraid it would feel like a first date because you all know each other!!!! lol
    Would have loved to have gone to funderland tonight but only just saw it, next time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Woo, my head is spinning after all the pages!! :confused:
    Anyway would love to go a meet up sometime, but afraid it would feel like a first date because you all know each other!!!! lol
    Would have loved to have gone to funderland tonight but only just saw it, next time..

Trust me its not that bad going to the first one.

The bouncers wouldn't even let me into clancys for the first one i attended :pac: and had to get two of the group (that i had never met before) to come out and show the bouncer that i was actually going into people.

They are all sound out......you won't have any problems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

It's actually rea;;y fine at those meet ups, i went to my first last week it was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

great night last night. funderland was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

great night last night. funderland was great craic.

my night turned out to be boring as sh1t:( there were about 10 people in my local pub .. still, a chance to catch up on sleep n all that:D

Photos from last nights trip to Funderland are now up on the facebook group. Thanks to everyone who came (and to those who joined us for drinks afterwards).

• Advertisement

Would anyone be interested in going bowling the week starting Monday 19th of April in the Leisureplex? I just want to guage interest before I put a poll up...

Seeing as we have a few new people floating about who are interested in going to a meetup I thought it is a suitable event to have.

As always people can go for drinks afterwards if they so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Would anyone be interested in going bowling the week starting Monday 19th of April in the Leisureplex? I just want to guage interest before I put a poll up...

Seeing as we have a few new people floating about who are interested in going to a meetup I thought it is a suitable event to have.

I'm up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Count me in, well after 2230 that is as always during the week. And uh, could you please send me the link to the FB group via IM? Thanks mate :D

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Count me in, well after 2230 that is as always during the week. And uh, could you please send me the link to the FB group via IM? Thanks mate :D

The link is in my signature. Can't you organise to finish work early some night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

raging i missed this weekend... Sounds like ye had fun. But i should b able to make this. Plus i might try organise a karoke night soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

nursemar88 wrote: »
    raging i missed this weekend... Sounds like ye had fun. But i should b able to make this. Plus i might try organise a karoke night soon.

go Karaoke night:D:D

I'm sorry you missed it :(

Okey dokey KARAOKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

What I'll do so is when i get back to cork I'll set up another thread for karoke. :D

Sounds good nurse! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

The link is in my signature. Can't you organise to finish work early some night?

Uhm...yeah I can, but I would need to know at least a week in advance to submit the notification...you know American companies, they have rules that almost go as far as "fair toilette usage" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

What I'll do so is when i get back to cork I'll set up another thread for karoke. :D

Cool, I'm struggling to find venues other than Mardyke (expensive) & the Wash (not sure if they only do chart hits, or when karaoke is on).

We'll leave it in your capable nuresly hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wallygreengiant

Hey, just came across this thread there. Is this group open to newbies by any chance??

After coming back from a year a way and looking to improve my social life! :D:D

Would love to know a little more please if any one can help!

Cheers guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

Hey, just came across this thread there. Is this group open to newbies by any chance??

Cheers guys!

I'm only on here a week!! So you're not the only newbie round here! Welcome....:D

Cheers guys!

Hi! Well basically every month I set up a meetup thread where we organise meetups (obviously lol). Once people express interest in a particular idea we add another thread and get people to vote for a date.

The next event is bowling which will be on two different nights (Wednesday 21st and Friday 23rd - 9pm at the Leisureplex on both nights).

Can you make either of those nights?

If you have any suggestions for meetups please post them in this thread, to discuss the bowling night please use the thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881637

We also have a facebook group where we put photos of our meetups (but you have to go to at least one meetup to join it). Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wallygreengiant

Hi! Well basically every month I set up a meetup thread where we organise meetups (obviously lol). Once people express interest in a particular idea we add another thread and get people to vote for a date.

The next event is bowling which will be on two different nights (Wednesday 21st and Friday 23rd - 9pm at the Leisureplex on both nights).

Can you make either of those nights?

If you have any suggestions for meetups please post them in this thread, to discuss the bowling night please use the thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881637

We also have a facebook group where we put photos of our meetups (but you have to go to at least one meetup to join it). Hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the reply! It sounds great.

I'm not sure yet about bowling, id say the friday one would prob be easier for me.

Whats the age group like at it? I found a group recently and it was for late 30s and early 40s! So i was a bit young, is it a mix of all ages???

Cheers!

I'm not sure yet about bowling, id say the friday one would prob be easier for me.

Whats the age group like at it? I found a group recently and it was for late 30s and early 40s! So i was a bit young, is it a mix of all ages???

Cheers!

Sure you can post closer to the time and let us know...

Age group is 20s mostly with one or two people around the 18/19 mark plus 1/2 in the 30s / 40s.

On average mid 20s, I am 27 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Cheers!
    Sure you can post closer to the time and let us know...

Age group is 20s mostly with one or two people around the 18/19 mark plus 1/2 in the 30s / 40s.

On average mid 20s, I am 27 myself.

Cheers lads, I was going to ask about that myself. Thought I might have been too old but seems I'd fit the average.

Im the baby :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Awwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

Hey everyone!

Johanna and i are going out tomorrow night, if anybody wants to join that would be great! We start at around half 8 in crane lane. Im not going to make a thread out of this, just come if you want to!
    If anyone needs a contact pm me for my number...
    So maybe see you tomorrow! :)

Advertisement