Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freecom 320 Gb ToughDrive Shock Proof 2,5" External Hard Disk €69,95

• 29-03-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

4532_O5_hi_1269620645.jpg

Freecom 320 Gb ToughDrive Shock Proof 2,5“ External Hard Disk

Super safe storage for all of your data! Sorry about that exclamation mark, but this just is something to be very enthusiastic about. This Freecom ToughDrive 320 Gb isn’t just another external hard drive. It’s probably the toughest hard drive out there, able to withstand drops that would ruin any other drive. Dropped it out of your bag down a long flight of stairs? Left it flinging about on the street after which it was run over by a car? Or simply knocked it accidentally off your desk? All of that is no problem: your 320 Gb worth of music, videos, photos or important documents will be safe. Freecom achieved that security with a state of the art anti-shock mechanism. With that, it will survive most sudden shocks. And it’s not just secured physically, but digitally as well. It has super secure password protection that’s encrypted with 256 bit AES password encryption. No unwanted guests will access your data. You can get that data on this hard disk pretty fast as well with the Turbo USB 2.0 function. Despite all of that storing and securing power, this drive doesn’t swallow a whole lot of your power. It is very energy efficient, so that you don’t even need an additional power cable for the ToughDrive. It can get all the power it needs from your USB drive. So there you have it: if you want to store your music, movies, pictures, documents and other files in the safest way possible, without having to pay for a spot in a bank safe, choose the Freecom 320 ToughDrive Shock Proof External Hard Disk!
    • Brand: Freecom
    • Type: ToughDrive 320 Gb
    • Schock Proof External Hard Disk
    • Robust external hard drive
    • Developed especially for mobile users
    • Can withstand falling from 2 meters onto a flat surface
    • Flexible integrated USB cable
    • No additional power source needed
    • No cooling fan, no noise
    • Low power usage
    • 256 bit AES password encryption
    • Turbo USB 2.0
    • Includes NTI Shadow backup software for PC and Mac
    • Warranty: 2 years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might want to say what site it is, Dara.
    I know its iBood, but not everyone else will.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

It's not the best price actually... mymemory were doing it for 70 delivered a few months back if i remember correctly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You can buy a 500GB nicer-looking (at least IMO) WD Passport from Amazon.co.uk for €78 delivered (free delivery):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Passport-Essential-Portable/dp/B002MA9Q06/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269870807&sr=1-3

Both iBood and Komplett charge €12.50 for shipping (though with Komplett you could always pick it up at their depot for about half that I think).

So that drive would cost you more in the end and you'd get 180GB less...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

J-blk wrote: »
    You can buy a 500GB nicer-looking (at least IMO) WD Passport from Amazon.co.uk for €78 delivered (free delivery):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Passport-Essential-Portable/dp/B002MA9Q06/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269870807&sr=1-3

Both iBood and Komplett charge €12.50 for shipping (though with Komplett you could always pick it up at their depot for about half that I think).

So that drive would cost you more in the end and you'd get 180GB less...

Faulty micro-USB connection and it needs DRIVERS installed under Vista. Avoid like the plague

On similar notes, the advertised drive is designed to be damn sturdy. Try throwing the other two down a flight of stairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I went for one of these ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001XM4P1O/ref=oss_product

Seagate 500gb External Portable Usb 2.0 Hard Drive
    £57.99
    Delivered FREE with Super Saver Delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Faulty micro-USB connection and it needs DRIVERS installed under Vista. Avoid like the plague

On similar notes, the advertised drive is designed to be damn sturdy. Try throwing the other two down a flight of stairs

it is a top quality enclosure... I took mine apart and it does have some damn good packing that acts as a buffer when dropped... you can also swap the hard drive out with a bigger one too.. i used it to swap 2 of my drives around (needed more storage on the go and less in the lappy) works top notch but shop around, you'll prob get it cheaper than advertised here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Cable is included - what's the big deal? More and more stuff is using micro-USB. Doesn't need drivers under Vista or any OS. Comes with some ridiculous WD software installed but there's already a firmware update to get rid of that crap. And if micro-USB is that big an issue, then you could just get the older edition:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-WDME5000TE-Essential-Midnight/dp/B001GT7F84/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269878534&sr=8-3

Or a non-WD one as well, my point is that there are cheaper 500GB 2.5" drives than the one in the OP, so it's hardly a bargain...

Advertisement