Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you report if you found dead dogs or cats?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

If you found a dead dog by the road or a cat, would you report it in case someone is looking for it?
    It may be a stupid question but some people may prefer to know the fate of the pet I would imagine (I would).
    No pictures of course, just the description.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Im sure it would be out of courtesy to report it, but to who. Would a vet take care of collecting the animal and disposing of it in a humane manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I don't know, at least here in Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I follow: http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie on facebook.

I'm sure they'd take a text report on it? Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

You can report a dead cat/dog to your local authority. We sometimes get calls from owners wondering if their missing dog or cat has been found on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I read here on boards that you are supposed to report a dead dog to the local gardai. This may only be in a case where you actually hit the dog though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I would always stop and take a look at the collar for a phone number. I wish people would do that for cats too - mine have my number on their collars, because I want to know if that's happened. The worst is never knowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Binmen in my experience deal with a few of them.

If anyone looses a pet it is a good idea to check with the recyling people and the bin men as a knocked down animal is sometimes put inside a bin.

Advertisement