Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXCEL Vlookup across different tabs???

• 29-03-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi ppl,

I using excel 2003 and want to use vlookup to pull some info from one tab to another???

I have two tabs [named "tab1" & "tab2"] with similar information, However the tab i want to poupulate needs some work!!!!.

In both tabs I have the same identical colum with 'tag numbers' for example "p-4001A" 0r "k-3001B" . In the "tab1" i want to populate i am missing a 'serial 'which is on tab2..... I think vlookup is the way to go

The sheet is over 1000 rows long,

Could anyboby please point me in the right direction??? Thanks

lw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Vlookup is what you need

Assume that TAB1 has the 'tag' in column B
    Assume that TAB2 has the 'tag' in column A and the value you ant to put into TAB1 in column C

VLOOKUP(b1,TAB2!$A$1:$c$999,3,FALSE)

In english
    Vlookup the value in cell B1 in the range(array) $A$1 to $c$999 and return the value in the third column of the array. If FALSE is specified only match exactly (otherwide Excel will do a best macth whatever that might be)

make sure you use $ (absolute) references for the array being looked up.

Hope this helps.

M.

Advertisement