Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of heating

Options
  • 29-03-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I'm currently living in a 1 bedroom place with a shared gas heating system, which is taken for in the rent.

I'm moving place and was wondering how much I should expect to pay in heating costs of electric storage versus gas.

Assuming a 5-10 year old apartment (Smithfield for example) with average insulation. 1 bedroom, not ground floor. Working 9-5.

In people's experience what should my 2 monthly ESB bill (electric storage heating) be for peak winter usage? Also, what would my 2 monthly gas bill be for peak winter usage?

I know its very general, but i am interested in people's past experience.

Friends of mine pay about 300e in the winter with electric storage heating. They are on the ground floor in a poorly insulated apartment built in the late 80s. They do little home cooking, and there is no dish washer, or washing machine.

Thanks in advance

Conor

Advertisement