Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with 775 Mobo upgrade

Options
  • 29-03-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi folks!

I've got a Q6600 quad core processor (skt 775) and i also have

2 X 1 Gb ddr2 pc8500 Geil Black dragon Ram

and

2 X 2Gb ddr2 pc 8500 Kingston Hyperx ram

that i'd like to fit all togethger on a new mb...

The one i have is a POS with only 2 sata ports and is crap crap crap.. (only 2 ddr2 slots)

Anybody got a good suggestion for a mb that will allow me to run all ^ Gigs together?

Budget is about 100...

Thanks in advance guys...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Any decent, fairly modern LGA775 mobo (preferably P43/45 but P35 also acceptable) with four DIMM slots should do the trick ;)

IIRC Asus and Gigabyte did the best LGA775 mobos, although I like MSI myself I recall they sometimes had stability issues with four overclocked, overvolted DDR2 modules. Bit of a problem with most LGA775 mobos though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Thanks a lot =)
    Must check them out....

Advertisement