Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

learn guitar

• 29-03-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there.
    was wondering if anybody out there could tell me which guitar is easier to start playing electric or accoustic?.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bod1

They are both difficult !!!, if you're asking what you should learn on I would recommend starting on an acoustic, you will build strength in your hands and fingers, you can play anywhere without the aid of an amp and a badly played acoustic doesn't sound as bad as a badly played electric. If you want to play electric later it will seem easier to fret chords etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I agree with the above statement.

However some will say that if you want to play electric guitar and not acoustic, then get an electric. If you start on an electric you will find the acoustic quite difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭trois bambino

yes the plan would be to play electric but i found the accoustic hard to get around.its just a few chords I want not to be the next slash or anything.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I want not to be the next slash or anything.:)

Why not? Slash is loaded........

Both feel completely different. Electric would probably be a pinch easier i would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Start on acoustic and progress to electric eventually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Start on acoustic and progress to electric eventually. :)

Start on electric and progress to acoustic eventually. :)

Advertisement